Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Custom rubber stamp?

I'm thinking of having a custom rubber stamp made to use to mark the return address on our wedding invitations, and possibly the mailing address on the reply envelopes.  We've having the guest's addresses done in calligraphy.  Has anyone ever done this?  Would it look tacky?  Where would I buy a stamp, and what size should I get?

Thanks!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: Custom rubber stamp?

• edited December 2011
    I did this for our RSVP reply envelopes (although the main address was printed) and for all of the return addresses on thank you notes for the showers and wedding (and I'm still using it for things like Christmas Cards).  For the invites themselves, I printed the return address the same way that I printed the envelope fronts, with my printer.

Anyways, I picked up a cheap one from Vistaprint, actually, it might have been one of their free deals.  It's worked well for what I've used it for.  However, there are people on Etsy who make very nice ones that would work better if you are looking for one for your invites.

Try searching personalized stamper on etsy and it gives you a huge list.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought a self inking one on Etsy to use on our thank you card envelopes after the wedding. It's a round one and is about 1.5 inches in diameter. I stamped the back of the envelopes with them and thought is was super cute. How formal are you invitations? Our stamp was more fun looking so it would have looked silly on the back of a formal invite, but I'm sure you can get more sophisticated ones.
  • edited December 2011
    I got one from staples-they made it quickly and it was fairly cheap.  I've also gotten stamps from VistaPrint (not address stamps) and they work great-in fact I use them at work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had one made on etsy. i checked with staples, but it was going to cost much more. etsy only cost me $20, but it wasn't self inking (which was my request). it worked perfectly though.
  • CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_custom-rubber-stamp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:7d0c1723-8112-4aac-8971-06a614077a10Post:a9aa690a-79e9-49d0-a915-82c06cf8c3d5">Re: Custom rubber stamp?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i did etsy too... <a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/lovetocreatestamps" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/shop/lovetocreatestamps</a>
    Posted by CLW102409[/QUOTE]

Same here! I used it for the return address. It looked great! Highly recommend the seller.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I used seller loongchai74on ebay.  Great price!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I love all the options on Etsy and never would have thought to look there!

Our invitations are pretty formal but "fun" formal- we're using these ones in a different color if it helps:
    http://www.bellafigura.com/letterpress/panache.html

And then we'll be having calligraphy in black ink for the guest addresses on the front.  So is a formal, pretty return address stamp also done in black ink ok?  Doing this instead of getting all the envelopes printed is going to save like $500, so I'm leaning towards just doing it...

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about getting a stamp too - the ones on Etsy look great!  Question though, did you put your maiden name on the stamp?  I'd like to be able to reuse it after we're married, so I was wondering if it'd be okay to just use his last name or maybe just our first names.  What did you guys do?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
    RSVP Date 7/30/2010
  • edited December 2011
    I'd go with his last name.   I think it would be fine.

Our stamper has his first initial and his last name, an ampersand, then my first initial and last name (but I kept my maiden name so I didn't really have the same dilemma)
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, I never even thought of this.  Our return address is my mom's house, but the stamp will have our names on it.  I guess it won't be reuseable... bummer!

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for this post! I was thinking of getting a stamp for my cookie boxes!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards