Nevada-Las Vegas

Super cool Etsy Seller for Personalized Glasses & Opinions wanted PIP

I found these glasses on Etsy and I love them, I think they are so unique and would make a cool photo op.  I already am getting the Bride and Groom ones, like pic, for me and FI - me the wine glass and him a pint glass.  Here's the link to the store.  She makes the pictures look like each person caricature like and also writes their names, and does your wedding colors.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FizzyArtist

Now my question is, I think this would make such a cool BM gift but I've already bought their shoes, necklaces and a scarf for their gift so thought I was done with their gifts, and if all the 6 BMs have them, I almost think the GM's should all have them too however I don't think the guys would find the gift as cool as the girls would.  I would get pint glasses for the guys since they all drink beer.  They are $30 each.  We have not gotten GM gifts yet. 

Thoughts??

**Edit - I added a poll, do you think it's cheesy or not cheesy? Would probably just get for us not Wedding Party

Re: Super cool Etsy Seller for Personalized Glasses & Opinions wanted PIP

• Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My other thought instead of getting the whole bridal party them, would be just get the Bride and Groom one so it's sorta something special for us that night, then I was going to try DIY wine and pint glasses with all guests first initial on them, including wedding party, so everyone can sorta feel special with their own glass...

Like this:

• RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I don't like the glasses. I remember seeing them when I was planning my wedding---and searching Etsy daily. That being said, it's great that you like them and have ordered them for you and your fi---I don't think it'd make a great BM or GM gift. I always think gifts should be just that----gifts. Shopping for them as if it were their birthday. Now, if you'd get them something like that normally for their birthday, then go for it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right on, well thanks for the honest opinions, for whatever reason I think they are cool and I'm not the cheesy type of person either....hmm though something to think about.

Well I haven't ordered them yet for us, but I'm glad to get perspective on the BM/GM Gifts at they aren't cheap!
  • edited December 2011
    I think the glasses would be cute for the meet & greet.
  • edited December 2011
    My friend did the initial glasses for everyone that came to her wedding.... I am sure it was a lot of work!! She etched the glass.. somehow... but she did crazy DIY. She used them as her favors too and I thought they were very sweet.

I like the carcature glasses, but like Rach said, maybe just for you guys.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the glasses are cute for the two of you. I think it would loose that "special" feel if everyone from the wedding party had one.

I ditto Rach as far as a gift should be a gift. Something I would give them for their birthday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards