Ohio-Cincinnati

RSVP response timing question

I am curious . . . how far in advance of your wedding date did you mail your invitations AND how far prior to your date did you set the "reply by" date? Thanks!

Re: RSVP response timing question

• edited December 2011
    From the illustrious "Chad n Jared"'s bio:

When do I mail invitations? What is my R.S.V.P. DATE?
    Answer: Too much time is better than too little. Here's the formula since each wedding is different...

1. First, figure your response date. What is the first date you need a final count? Some caterers/bakers need a week, but you may need one much earlier for favors, chair covers or any other need that requires a specific number of guests attending.

2. Back up 7-10 days. This is your r.s.v.p. (respond by) date. If you're doing A/B list, this is your B list response date. To find your A list response date, find your mailing dates below then back up about 5 days before your B list mailing date. This is your A list response date.

3. To find your mailing date, choose one of the options:

NO A/B list
    -If you DID save the dates, back up 4 weeks (6 weeks for international)
    -If you DID NOT do save the dates, back up 6 weeks (10 weeks international)

YES A/B list
    -If you DID save the dates, back up 4 weeks, this is your B list date. Back up an additional 4 weeks, this is your A list date.
    -If you DID NOT do save the dates, back up 6 weeks, this is your B list date. Back up an additional 4 weeks, this is your A list date.

hth

• Michele45419Michele45419 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry if this is elementary....but what is this A/B list thing?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_rsvp-response-timing-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:401b0818-a4f6-4d6a-adca-82c9b4f3ffcePost:eecc244b-f4c7-4f15-8a95-248d9db3fafb">Re: RSVP response timing question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry if this is elementary....but what is this A/B list thing?
    Posted by Michele45419[/QUOTE]

Some brides and grooms are unable to cut their guest list down to fit their budget and/or venue.  These couples, in essence, create two guest lists: List A contains their "A-list" guests - the guests they REALLY want to be there; List B contains those guests whom they would like to be there, but only if guests from List A can't make it.

It's not something I would ever do (imo, you make your budget and choose your venue based on your entire guest list and stick with it) but it works for some people.
  • edited December 2011

Our RSVP date is exactly 2 months before our day becuse we have alot of things that are priced based on person so the sooner we know whos coming the sooner we can get all of that figured out.
    I think we're going to send out the invites 3 weeks before the RSVP date.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards