• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Let's have a party poll.

I feel like this weekend is a huge one for bach(orlette) parties.

When was/is your bparty?
What are you doing/did you do?
When was/is FI's bparty?
What is he doing / did he do?
How involved were you with the planning?
Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Let's have a party poll.

• edited August 2010
    When was/is your bparty? This Saturday/Sunday!
    What are you doing/did you do? As far as I know, dinner at Melting Pot, passion party and games/drinks at my BM's place. Apparently there are a few surprises.
    When was/is FI's bparty? His is this Saturday/Sunday also.
    What is he doing / did he do? They're playing paintball, and then spending the night in AC, gambling, comedy club, bar hopping.
    How involved were you with the planning? Not very much so at all. I gave some guidlines and my sister/MOH and BM rolled with it.
    Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? We're aware of eachother's plans. We're actually having a "rebuttal" dinner out on Sunday night to talk about the festitives. I think it'll be a nice way to wrap up the weekend and share our funny and/or embarassing stories.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My FI's BM said he was throwing him a Bparty and backed out!  (No comment)  Mine was a spa day on August 8th...and was AWESOME!  Lots of good friends, food, and wine!  YUM!  Plus Mimosas!  It was perfect!  It was an all day event!
    The shower was the day before so my girls spent the night and we made it a girls' weekend!
    Have fun with your's this weekend!!!!
    So Happily Married to the Love of my Life! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When was/is your bparty? mine was July 17th
    What are you doing/did you do? We had my shower. Then a limo came and took us into Boston and we went to the Liquor Store...we ended up staying there the whole night then came back to my parents. Slept woke up and layed by the pool all morning.
    When was/is FI's bparty? The weekend after mine
    What is he doing / did he do? He went to Atlantic City for 3 days and 2 nights, they also took a limo to Philly for a baseball game.
    How involved were you with the planning? I wasn't.
    Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? I knew what FI was doing, FI knew what I was doing. But we didnt know what we were doing. I was really nervous about his. And after somethings that happened this past weekend. I'm not wondering if I got the whole truth about things that went down. We can say my trust isn't there right about now.
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• When was/is your bparty?  Aug 5-8

What are you doing/did you do?  Went to Vegas!

When was/is FI's bparty?  June 20-something weekend

What is he doing / did he do?  Went fishing in Mexico

How involved were you with the planning?  Pretty much planned everything.  My MOH had some personal issues come up after the initial flights were purchased and we were locked in to Vegas, so I kinda took over for her

Yep.  We knew.  Only stipulation was no cheating. (Obviously) 
    Vacation

Vacation
  • When was/is your bparty? Mine is Saturday after bridal shower
    What are you doing/did you do? 8 of us doing a booze cruise and then a piano bar
    When was/is FI's bparty? FI's is 9/11
    What is he doing / did he do?full day affair of golf, party bus and bonfire
    How involved were you with the planning? pretty minor only with transportation issues for some of my friends
    Yes we know of plans, no stips for me but I asked for no strippers/stripclub for him-with the party bus I don't know if this will hold true.  I think I will be okay with that as long as there is no touching~lookie lookie only.  I asked my girls for no male anatomy parts blown up or straws or suck for a buck t-shirt-not 20something anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MegOrrMegOrr member
    100 Comments
    edited August 2010
    When was/is your bparty? Don't think I'm having one since I won't have all my bridesmaids here until just hours before the rehearsal Friday night and FI and I said no parties the night before the wedding.
    What are you doing/did you do? See above.
    When was/is FI's bparty? His is the Thursday before the wedding.
    What is he doing / did he do? They're going to go out to dinner (at the restaurant we went to on our first date), go play laser tag, then go back to our apartment to play strategy games and hang out. I'm dropping off a cake for them to munch on as a surprise (checked with the BM already about it) since we're not doing a groom's cake.
    How involved were you with the planning? If there ends up being one, not at all!
    Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? I know his at least. Only stipulation was we wouldn't do anything the night before (Friday night) since we have to be up early Saturday! (And of course no strip clubs, etc. but for us that's understood.)

Finally Married!
  • When was/is your bparty? Last weekend
    What are you doing/did you do? Rented a limo, went out drinking
    When was/is FI's bparty? Last weekend
    What is he doing / did he do? Went out drinking, went to the strip club
    How involved were you with the planning? Little if any for both of our parties
    Do you & FI know about each other's plans and were there any stipulations?
     We generally did and no stipulations involved

I love my puppy ... and my husband, I swear!
  • When was/is your bparty? Sat. July 31st

What are you doing/did you do? Me and my best girls got a hotel room & limo in DC. Did a nice dinner out, then went to a...show.... then went out to some dance clubs and bars in the district!

When was/is FI's bparty? This weekend!

What is he doing / did he do? Good lord, who knows. Give me a man who plans and I will give him a million bucks. At least in this crowd. They are coming in town Friday and Saturday, then Saturday I'm sure somehow they will be going into DC drunkenly exploring the strip clubs and bars there.

How involved were you with the planning? I wasn't involved at all with the planning of either. My amazing coworker and friend planned mine and basically just asked me: is this ok, is that ok? And I said, sure sure!

Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? We both knew/know about each other's plans. We're young and crazy, and so are our friends, so we just said have fun! We both did said we'd rather have the other go out to a strip club, than have one at the house or hotel, and that has worked out just fine! It means nothing, it's all in good fun!
  • When was/is your bparty? If it's not Labor Day weekend I'm not having one

What are you doing/did you do? No idea

When was/is FI's bparty? Last weekend

What is he doing / did he do? Camping in the woods

How involved were you with the planning? Not at all

Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? He was in VERY backwoods Pennsylvania... I told him if they went anywhere with strippers he had to take pictures... because I want to see what the strippers look like in backwoods PA.  And of course, no driving buzzed and no setting anything on fire.
    murrayed
  • When was/is your bparty? I had one in May when I was back east visiting family (majourity of my bridal party lives in Montreal) and I am having a local one here (in Banff) this weekend!
    What are you doing/did you do? The one back east we had drinks and a little party at my parents house then we all went out to a club that was playing 80's music and danced the night away it was THE BEST.  and I can't wait to see what this saturday entails!
    When was/is FI's bparty?  just this past May Long weekend
    What is he doing / did he do? We had a few friends also getting married this year so they did a joint Stag party and all went down to Vegas
    How involved were you with the planning? Only told them when i was available and that there were to be NO giant penises (peni? don't know the plural of penis) or anything too ridiculous.  I see those parties walking down Banff ave and find them obnoxious.  I would honestly prefer a weekend of camping with my girls but that's hard to do and I can't really ask them to do that.
    Do you & FI know about each other's plans and were there any stipulations?  I knew he was going to Vegas because we had to get our passports renewed!  and he didn't really want to go so i heard alot of complaining. No stipulations just know babies or tigers in his hotel room! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When was/is your bparty? It was Aug 4-7th and Aug 21st

What are you doing/did you do? We went to Vegas the beginning of August, then we had a local b-party after my shower last Saturday.  Local was just a bar downtown.  Was super-lame.  I think we partied it all out in Vegas.

When was/is FI's bparty? His is Sept 2-5

What is he doing / did he do? He's going to Vegas too, eek

How involved were you with the planning? I had no idea about either of mine, everything was a surprise except flight times.

Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? We both knew.  He was upset b/c I knew nothing of what we were doing in Vegas.  Once I came back and saw how some bachelor parties were acting out there, I gave him some ground rules.  Andplusalso, I told him no bottle service at the club.  The minimum was $1000 and I put the smackdown after trying to be frugal w/ wedding planning and my own Vegas trip.
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• When was/is your bparty? Sept 11th

What are you doing/did you do?  Going to the Jersey Shore for a wild and fun nite! After having a great dinner in Cape May.........seafood yummm!
    When was/is FI's bparty? Aug 7th

Dinner Phillies Game Strip Club
    How involved were you with the planning? Not involed at all I just said I wanna have fun and be with my girls!

Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? No we both said go have fun! Only thing I request was we didnt go to any strip clubs or male dancers coming to pay me a visit. Keep your penis for ya mama!
  • wow, you girls sure have some elaborate and fun parties!

When was/is your bparty? i had a mini one back in may before i moved from CA that my friend out there threw me. my east coast party fell apart at the seams.  which is fine with me, at this point rather than drinking and going crazy i would rather just lay on the beach and read a good book!
    What are you doing/did you do? drove to south lake tahoe had champagne in the room, went to a (nasty) dinner, went out on the town.
    When was/is FI's bparty? didnt have one poor guy :( he went camping on a boat one night in CA with two friends and they pretended it was his B party
    What is he doing / did he do? all he wanted was to drink and play golf.  his friends never got their acts together.
    How involved were you with the planning? i tried to help and gave my input for CA.  for east coast i did a little more organizing before i gave up.
    Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? he knew about mine.  no stipulations.  we are pretty trusting and neither of us are too crazy (aka no strippers would ever be involved).  my biggest fear for gerren's is that he would get too drunk and owuld get sick.
  • When was/is your bparty?
    Past weekend 8/21
    What are you doing/did you do?
    Went to a Phillies game, tailgated before hand and went to the bar aftewards
    When was/is FI's bparty?
    July 31st
    Went golfing in the AM, pregamed at our house in the afternoon, and went to strip clubs at night
    How involved were you with the planning?
    I told my girls what I wanted to do and made sure everyone knew what they were bringing, where they had to be and what time to be there.
    Yes and no not really. We trust each other. FI came home with hickies, bite marks and bruises - gotta love those strippers!
    Alison and Tom 9~11~10
    Anniversary
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_lets-party-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:594Discussion:f1fcc5c9-b5ab-43ac-92fa-4b95d5c458c1Post:b22f4120-93d0-4d53-8e70-1e4d532de813">Re: Let's have a party poll.</a>:
    [QUOTE]When was/is your bparty? It was Aug 4-7th and Aug 21st What are you doing/did you do? We went to Vegas the beginning of August, then we had a local b-party after my shower last Saturday.  Local was just a bar downtown.  Was super-lame.  I think we partied it all out in Vegas. When was/is FI's bparty? His is Sept 2-5 What is he doing / did he do? He's going to Vegas too, eek How involved were you with the planning? I had no idea about either of mine, everything was a surprise except flight times. Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? We both knew.  He was upset b/c I knew nothing of what we were doing in Vegas.  <strong>Once I came back and saw how some bachelor parties were acting out there, I gave him some ground rules.</strong>  Andplusalso, I told him no bottle service at the club.  The minimum was $1000 and I put the smackdown after trying to be frugal w/ wedding planning and my own Vegas trip.
    Posted by brew311[/QUOTE]

That bad, huh?

And holy friggin' sh!t at that minimum.

And finally, I saw your pictures of FB, Misty and they are fabulous. It looks like you guys had a great time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When was/is your bparty?  August 13-15

What are you doing/did you do?  Went to the beach with a bunch of girls

When was/is FI's bparty?  Same weekend

What is he doing / did he do?  Went to AC with the guys

How involved were you with the planning?  They asked where we each wanted to go and that was it.

Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations?  Yep.  He knew I was going out drinking and dancing and laying on the beach all day.  I knew he was going to gamble and go to bars.  I guess the only "stipulation" we had was no strippers in the hotel room.  They did go to a strip club, and the 8 or 9 of them had a table dance.  Then they left. FI did win $500 on blackjack though so I was supppppppper excited!!!!!
  • LIA!  What show???
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_lets-party-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:594Discussion:f1fcc5c9-b5ab-43ac-92fa-4b95d5c458c1Post:dfd7b15b-3330-4321-87fc-b04c755ba379">Re: Let's have a party poll.</a>:
    [QUOTE]When was/is your bparty? Past weekend 8/21 What are you doing/did you do? Went to a Phillies game, tailgated before hand and went to the bar aftewards When was/is FI's bparty? July 31st What is he doing / did he do? Went golfing in the AM, pregamed at our house in the afternoon, and went to strip clubs at night How involved were you with the planning? I told my girls what I wanted to do and made sure everyone knew what they were bringing, where they had to be and what time to be there. Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? Yes and no not really. We trust each other. <strong>FI came home with hickies, bite marks and bruises - gotta love those strippers!
    </strong>Posted by arosem23[/QUOTE]

for reals?
  • lia, you are so scandalous! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_lets-party-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:594Discussion:f1fcc5c9-b5ab-43ac-92fa-4b95d5c458c1Post:08004534-484b-4501-ae1c-564920624219">Re: Let's have a party poll.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's have a party poll. : for reals?
    Posted by tba0313[/QUOTE]

I honestly have to say I wouldn't be down with that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When was/is your bparty?  it was this past weekend
    What are you doing/did you do?  we decorated pottery, did a nice hibachi dinner and then went down to AC for the bars and dancing
    When was/is FI's bparty?  his was august 14
    What is he doing / did he do? he went paintballing, rockband and beer
    How involved were you with the planning?  Of mine, completely because my girls couldnt make a decision.  Of FI's, I knew what his brother's plans were and I knew what his friends wanted to do...so not much
    Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations?  We knew each others plans.  My only stipulation to FI was to not let him or his friends trash the house (they wanted to use his rockband and our house and FI's brother didnt even ask if it was ok).  They were pretty good...apparently they played quarters with poker chips and dented the coffee table in our basement and FI didnt drink enough fluids while playing paintball and got dehydrated and threw up but good other wise.  He told me nothing, just to have fun and I did. 

To those who have yet to have theirs:  Be careful of dares...my girls were all over them.  hugging guys, grabbing their butts, dancing with them...etc.
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Hahaha I am such a grandma, and my friend is not, so she said, your "last night out as a single woman" is not going to be grandma, it's going to be young and fun! And it was actually fun because it was totally not something I would've planned or picked if it had been up to me! I had a BALL. I felt like I was acting my age (23 not 45) for the first time in a long time!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_lets-party-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:594Discussion:f1fcc5c9-b5ab-43ac-92fa-4b95d5c458c1Post:dd341685-ff22-4837-ba58-3b97a3dcb6ee">Re: Let's have a party poll.</a>:
    [QUOTE]  <strong>To those who have yet to have theirs:  Be careful of dares...my girls were all over them.  hugging guys, grabbing their butts, dancing with them...etc.
    </strong>Posted by viewfromheaven05[/QUOTE]

I was this girl.... hahaha.... after a few drinks out in the sun during the day, we started chest bumping people, jumping on their rafts, I went up to a sunburned guy and sprayed my initials on his stomach in sunscreen....everyone was having a blast and the people we did them to thought it was hilarious.  At the end, a guy walked up with a serious issue in his pants, and i said "is that a boner or are you just happy to see me?" and my MOH spit her beer about 10 feet.
  • When was/is your bparty? It was August 14th What are you doing/did you do? We went to my parents cottage for the night, played games and drank... a LOT When was/is FI's bparty? Same day What is he doing / did he do? Went golfing How involved were you with the planning? I just said I wanted to have it at my parents cottage and my MOH took care of everything else Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations? We both knew what was going on
  • I'm thread jacking.... I was also the girl who made people wear these...

• edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_lets-party-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:594Discussion:f1fcc5c9-b5ab-43ac-92fa-4b95d5c458c1Post:08004534-484b-4501-ae1c-564920624219">Re: Let's have a party poll.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's have a party poll. : for reals?
    Posted by tba0313[/QUOTE]

For reals! It was not a good two weeks after that while everything was healing... I'm over it now and moving on. He was tied to a chair and they did all that to him. I gave his BM and GM's a good talking to about how nobody stopped it. Oh Well.
    Alison and Tom 9~11~10
    Anniversary
  • Hahahah tba that's priceless!
  • When was/is your bparty?  September 11th

What are you doing/did you do?  Dinner in the private room of my favorite Mexican restaurant with my BMs and other friends, then bowling a few games, follwed by drinks, karaoke and old school video games (SNES, Sega, etc) and a big slumber party at my house.

When was/is FI's bparty?  September 11th. 

What is he doing / did he do?  Not totally planned yet...possibly a trip to ATL for the GA Tech game. 

How involved were you with the planning?  Not very...just gave my approval of what I thought were awesome and fun ideas. 

Do you & FI know about eachother's plans and were there any stipulations?  Yes, we know all the plans thus far.  The only stipulation?  He cannot come home handcuffed to a stripper.  :)
    Anniversary
  • arose, i remember. guys are just stupid sometimes—ok a lot of times!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards