North Carolina-Outer Banks

inn at pamlico sound

Anyone know anything about weddings here? I haven't been able to find much information.

Re: inn at pamlico sound

• They were at the expo. There food was very good. Maybe call them direct.
  • Yes, I got a chance to meet them. I was put off by the fact that they couldn't give me a round about price or even a range. I was told that I needed to call and begin planning the wedding with someone and then we could go over prices. The place is beautiful but I'm happy with my venue!
  • Funny, I talked to the Executive Chef at the expo and he was very helpful with price range information and even showed us a sample billing... of course all subject to what we want.
    We're getting married at Croatan Ridge (event home) and think we'll use him for welcome dinner, reception and day after brunch.
  • Paigepars and other Hatteras brides We are looking at Koru in Avon. Wondering what other vendors you have found for Hatteras island that you like?
  • karistizkaristiz member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I spoke to a woman at the booth on the left. After our conversation, I didn't even bother to speak to the chef at the booth on the right or try the food, which is unfortunate. I'm glad he was helpful to you! Everything looked delicious, I'm sure you're going to love it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_inn-at-pamlico-sound?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:80687e3d-c304-4976-85fe-89c4f28ebc09Post:6fea3cd1-9577-4fef-965f-a704d4ddea4b">Re: inn at pamlico sound</a>:
    [QUOTE]Paigepars and other Hatteras brides We are looking at Koru in Avon. Wondering what other vendors you have found for Hatteras island that you like?
    Posted by Jennyandscott14[/QUOTE]

We really liked the Beach Club set up at Koru but wanted an event home. The Affair at Austin Creek is a gorgeous venue too. We almost gave up finding it on the tour (they are working on improving their signage.) Would be an awsome rehearsal dinner or reception venue.

Drove by but did not stop to investigate hotels, condos and other options for guest housing. Will so that in April. We've identified several hotels nearby our location in Buxton and got lots of information on weekly rentals, but still need some suggestion of partial week condos in June that guests might like.

Had an awesome grouper sandwich at Cafe 12 in Avon and a fried oyster sandwich at Hatterasman in Hatteras. Both are going on the recommended places to eat while in the area list!
  • JennyandScott,

Just getting back from wedding planing trip to Hatteras so thought I'd update you on vendor search. 

Florist: Selected Ginny at Every Blooming Thing for florist and think her ideas are great. She's very creative abd responsive. She also has a lot of stuff she has offered for us to use for decorations which will save us having to haul down there ourselves :)

Caterer: Still tweaking menue with Chef Forrest from Inn at Pamlico for reception dinner so will have to see if we can get that within budget. 

Rentals from Ocean Atlantic coming along. They've now sent me layouts for my venue with options I'm pondering. Would LOVE to hear from other Croatan Ridge brides about your layout and how it worked.

Lodging: Selected three hotels for guests to choose from although setting up a block has been challenging, so I think I'll just skip that and send guests the info to book on their own. 

Invites are being designed by Heather at HLRdesigns. Love working with her. She came to meet us with samples and has been very responsive! 

All I got for now. What about you? What is your date?
  • I'm getting married July 2014 on hatteras and am in the midst of planning. Any recommendations on specific hotels for guest? Or do you know of any condos?
  • We chose Lighthouse View for those wanting ocean front although they requires 2 night minimum in season. Chose Hatteras Island Inn as budget option and/or for one night stays, and Inn at Pamlico Sound for really nice B&B but their availability is limted. We've having Monday wedding and they're catering our wedding so they worked on accomodating some of our guests. HTH

Oh, and just reserved Island Taxi to serve as shuttle for guests to and from hotel. Reserved 6 passenger van for the entire night at half of what mini-bus would have been. Since ceremony and reception are at same venue did not need to transport large party at one time. Tommy, owner was very nice to work with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards