Maryland

Need Venue Help!

Hi everyone,

I am getting married in May and signed a contract with a venue in Elkridge Maryland (the Belmont conference center) about 7 months ago. About two weeks ago we received a lovely phone call that they are no longer doing weddings and will not be honoring their contract. Fantastic! In the last two weeks I have looked at 7 different venues in the Maryland/NoVa region but I haven't found anything yet that is perfect. I am planning on having a rather large wedding (around 250) and would like both the ceremony and reception to be outside (or tented). We would like to find something that is somewhat rustic looking and very natural rather than manicured.

Any suggestions! Thanks

Re: Need Venue Help!

• edited December 2011
    For 'rustic', I'm thinking maybe Rocky Gap Lodge, which is out in the woods, and very pretty.  I don't know how many people they accomodate, though, and I haven't seen anything on outdoor/tented receptions (the ceremonies are usually outdoors though).  My venue (Celebrations at the Bay in Pasadena) has a large tent for outdoor receptions, but I'm not sure if it really fits the 'rustic' requirement.  You might also want to check out wineries -Fiore and Linganore (sp?) come to mind.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LadyLyLadyLy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree that vineyards might be a good route and there are lots of them in NoVA so you might have luck finding one that is a little more rustic.  Tarara outside of Leesburg comes to mind.  Also, Thorpewood is really rustic and wooded.

• edited December 2011
    Running Hare Vineyard in Calvert County is a fantastic place to have the ceremony and reception.  I went to a wedding there in April and it was beautiful. 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the Running Hare Vineyard....beautiful location and the caterer to get for there is maryland Country Caterers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Look into Stone Manor Country Club in Middletown, MD. I'm having my wedding there next July. It's very scenic, and a tent is included with the rental price. 
  • edited December 2011
    SHADE TREES & EVERGREENS in Frederick, MD! 

That's where I'm getting married in September next year... Everything is outside, you would have to find your own catering... but they provide tables and chairs for both ceremony & reception. 

Only problem you would have is; there are only two bathrooms... 

Good Luck! I'm so sorry for the horrible news! I can't believe that would even happen! 
  • edited December 2011

We just went to a wedding last weekend and they had it at Oregon Ridge Lodge in Hunt Valley MD (Baltimore County) and it was pretty nice.  They even have a fireplace in the room which adds a great warmth to the room. Its very rustic (its in the woods).  good luck!!

• edited December 2011
    my sister recently got married at rockwood manor in potomac, md. fits the rustic bill and has LOTS of room for the wedding party. both our family and her now husband's family are very close so it was like summer camp. BEAUTIFUL venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • troesch1troesch1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Irvine nature center is nice, I'm doing the large private pavilion at centennial park but they usually book in advance. Look through parks and rec to see what else they have. it's nice I can bring whatever food and alcohol I want :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards