Wedding Etiquette Forum

Newbie Observation

Re: Newbie Observation

• I have always wanted to get into a sticky situation and handle it with a roundhouse kick right in the kisser. I would never EVER be able to actually pull that off gracefully though.
  • At least come up with something more original than "delete" to replace your original text.
  • Thank you AutuumFair - I think you said it perfectly and I agree.

I want to be corrected if I'm over reacting. And like today I deleted the OP because I was in the wrong and I have been corrected and now I know.

Moving along....
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:3bbd950d-9ade-4187-9f07-50aed09ef37d">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you AutuumFair - I think you said it perfectly and I agree. I want to be corrected if I'm over reacting. And like today I deleted the OP because I was in the wrong and I have been corrected and now I know. <strong>Moving along....
    </strong>Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

You realize you are still trying to tell us what to do, ey? 

We'll move on when we're good and ready.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ::pokes thread::
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:3bbd950d-9ade-4187-9f07-50aed09ef37d">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you AutuumFair - I think you said it perfectly and I agree. I want to be corrected if I'm over reacting. And like today I deleted the OP because I was in the wrong and I have been corrected and now I know. Moving along....
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

<div>Deleting posts is never a good idea, and just makes people think less of you as a poster.  As everyone already pointed out, you've been quoted, so everyone can still see what you've said.  You said you were wrong and realized it, so own it.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • You didn't need to delete the OP to let us know you were wrong. Just coming out and saying it works, too. Then we can all move along.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well, let me correct you again:

As you've noticed this is a comment that gets made and debated on from time to time. If you'd left it intact, someone else with the same thought could have read it and understood the reaction such a post would get. Now someone would have to hunt through the thread to figure out what it was about. That's not going to happen.

So the odds are good that another post like this gets made in the next few weeks because the person didn't bother read your original post.

If you've learned from your mistakes, help others learn from your mistakes, and don't delete them.
  • Well then carla what should we talk about? Does Twilight work for you? How about Hunger Games?

DO YOU LIKE MARGARITAS?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:2f7f7fab-0b87-4f2c-96b6-10d84e8f6b1f">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sidenote: Nattie, I love your sig pic. FI is obsessed with that movie and he's not really into those kinds of movies.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks. I love the movie as well. </div>
  • edited May 2011
    I deleted the OP incase someone ONLY reads it and decides to not read the rest where I understand where everyone is coming from. Some people need a harsh dose of reality (including me).

I have no right to tell people what they should do / type. I'm not taking this seriously at all it's funny to me b/c I really thought I was being helpful.

Not trying to be anyone's mother.
  • jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am assuming your post was prompted from MY recent vent. Lovely.
    Anyways, its the luck of the draw, yes I fully expect a few i don't want to hear it responses, but if you have been stalking this board for a few weeks months whatever the time has been, you too should expect it. Are my feelings hurt by the responses of others? No. Do I take it personally? No. I was not looking for any help, it was more of a late night "if i don't get this off my mind im going to be up all night type thing".
    I would step back and think about if you can really deal with full honest answers and criticism, if you can not, i would suggest signing up with the wedding wire instead. I am not in any way offended or angered about any of the responses.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:d88d2c3a-c053-4787-9c69-4a3ab0c5e7c1">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]For some odd reason, all of LC's posts are coming up with "Rosie" as her sn. Are LC and Rosie the same person? *consipiracy theory*
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]
    I've been hiding in her closet for the past few weeks. I guess the jig is up.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I would love to be LC. She is on my top knottie list for sure. She is so cute and funny and yeah maybe a wee bit of a girl crush.
  • *whistles*

nothing to see here

• ohmahgawd. I'm all verklemped. I was scared it was unrequited love, Rosie.
  • I'm new to online blogging / posting so I didn't realize deleting the OP was a no-no. Again I thought that was the right thing to do since it annoyed so many.

Can't win for losing...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:edfceb07-c72a-4a77-b106-7fb4d170edac">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]ohmahgawd. I'm all verklemped. I was scared it was unrequited love, Rosie.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you what.. if we both aren't married in 5 years we will marry each other.

BFF Pact made in blood.
  • I n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:ac04d3d6-e0ac-40aa-a591-4ae1461c958f">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]::pokes thread::
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

:::pokes Birdie::::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:8e4544a0-f00e-4e89-bfcb-a6b382f9ee7d">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]I <strong>deleted the OP incase someone ONLY reads it and decides to not read the rest where I understand where everyone is coming from</strong>. Some people need a harsh dose of reality (including me). I have no right to tell people what they should do / type. I'm not taking this seriously at all it's funny to me b/c I really thought I was being helpful. Not trying to be anyone's mother.

I don't understand this logic. If someone reads the OP and has honestly had that thought process before, chances are they'll read until their question is answered and move on. If they read it and have no interest in it, they'll move on.
  • ::presents Rosie with one half of a bff heart necklace::
  • LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Carla - C/P from a quote and then put it back if you're worried about it. It happens, yo. We'll call it a learning curve and a lesson learned?

ETA: I mean, I think that'd be weird, but at least you'd be owning up to what you said and not being a dirty dirty dirty DD'er.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:3f34b236-1e3d-4fbf-b24a-2c37152b2872">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm new to online blogging / posting so I didn't realize deleting the OP was a no-no. Again I thought that was the right thing to do since it annoyed so many. Can't win for losing...

<div>Which doesn't surprise me.  I think they give that lesson on the same day as they give the "don't tell a group of people how to talk/act" lesson.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited May 2011
    OP - has been C&P back.

I own up to my mistake and I re-read my post carefully and see how it came off like I was telling you all what to do.

But I still stand by my original thought behind my post!  If I'm wrong tell me, but I will fight back if someone attacks my character just because I said something politically incorrect.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:28a822f5-bd63-4d10-a257-0b9496a85f43">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Listen here lady, don't roll up in the mix with your Captain Bossy McHeifer hat on, telling people how and what they should post.  It's my god given right as an American citizen to be as bitchtastically horrible as I wanna be.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

<font color="#008000">WIN!</font>

OP, would you walk into a room full of people you don't know and tell them all they ain't acting right? Cause that's what you're doing. And it's obnoxious. (LC quote)

Ditto. 
    Anniversary
  • edited May 2011
    No I would not walk into a room, But if a lady VENTS and people tell her to stop being a "bad friend" or "person" than yes I will stick up for her. Especially when we ALL have had THOSE moments.

Some people use blunt honesty as an excuse to be just plain mean and rude! You have every right to be mean to make yourself feel better but don't get mad if someone says that's BS.

And yes, my 2 cents is that on an etiquette board I was surprised. Don't change who you are, don't even listen to me. But that is my opinion.

My opinion has not changed only the mannor I choose to express it.

Etiquette is being graceful in actions and words! I'm not etiquette and I thought this was the place to learn it. Maybe not.
  • I don't think "politically incorrect" means what you think it means. You keep referring to that term, and usually vents don't have to do with being PC or not.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:937b760d-dbf5-4a09-a105-2708e271eafb">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]No I would not walk into a room, But if a lady VENTS and people tell her to stop being a "bad friend" or "person" than yes I will stick up for her. Especially when we ALL have had THOSE moments. Some people use blunt honestly as an excuse to be just plain mean and rude! You have every right to be mean to make yourself feel better but don't get mad if someone says that's BS. And yes, my 2 cents is that on an etiquette board I was surprised. Don't change who you are, don't even listen to me. But that is my opinion. My opinion has not changed only the mannor I choose to express it.<strong> Etiquette is being graceful in actions and words! </strong>I'm not etiquette and I thought this was the place to learn it. Maybe not.

Not quite.

<h3 class="r g0"><em>et·i·quette</em><span style="font:smaller 'Doulos SIL','Gentum','TITUS Cyberbit Basic','Junicode','Aborigonal Serif','Arial Unicode MS','Lucida Sans Unicode','Chrysanthi Unicode';margin:0pt 0pt 0pt 0.7em;">/ˈetikit/</span></h3><span class="f">Noun: </span>The customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group.

Besides, I thought you were moving on.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_newbie-observation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:56fb124c-73ec-403a-8e75-bea031e41752Post:28a822f5-bd63-4d10-a257-0b9496a85f43">Re: Newbie Observation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Listen here lady, don't roll up in the mix with your Captain Bossy McHeifer hat on, telling people how and what they should post.  It's my god given right as an American citizen to be as bitchtastically horrible as I wanna be.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Nuggs, I think I made a tear with that one. Followed up with hatters be hattin, it's win-win.

And, OP - thank you, mom.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards