Michigan-Grand Rapids

Just booked EVE for our reception!

We just booked EVE at The B.O.B downtown!  Has anyone attended a wedding there who has any advice or ideas to share?
Wedding Countdown Ticker I'm a Disney Bride!! WDW 12-6-12

Re: Just booked EVE for our reception!

• jazzybaccjazzybacc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that the top floor?  I don't really have any advice, but I did go to a wedding there and it was beautiful.  It was a little dark so I guess my advice would be to make sure you have enough lighting.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • dogsandfrogsdogsandfrogs member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually looked there!  It wasn't quite my cup of tea (and I wasn't a big fan of the "it opens to the public at 11" thing), but it definitely looked like a cool place to have a reception.  I've been told by some other people who have been to events there that the food is fantastic.

My only advice would be to make sure you have a clear plan for your guests to know where they can park.  That could easily turn into a nightmare.

Good luck with the rest of your planning!
  • edited December 2011

We are having a Thursday evening wedding so the place is all ours, the 11pm public thing bugged us also, hence the date change to a non-weekend date.  Since it is a small wedding we are thinking of utilizing the valet service they offer.  Lighting is a good idea, we are looking into a coordinator/decorating company too...It's just crazy. 

Thanks girls!!  Any other ideas please throw em out there!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker I'm a Disney Bride!! WDW 12-6-12
  • edited December 2011
    We had our wedding there on May 14! You should have no problem about the doors being open at 11PM, our was on a Saturday night and I did not even notice the staff tearing down the tables etc. A few people were told to leave because it was reserved for a wedding and they wanted in. Plus most of the guests were gone by 10:30, we also reserved the heat room for the remainder of the night for guests who wanted to stay. We ued a lot of candes, and the lighting was just perfect.  Let me know if you have any questions or want to see pics!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to see some pictures from your wedding at Eve!! I booked it for a Thursday night also next summer, would love to see how you decorated it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards