Georgia-Atlanta

POLL: Did you FI ask your dad/mom/parents for "your hand?"

Just saw a commercial and was curious...
I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?

Re: POLL: Did you FI ask your dad/mom/parents for "your hand?"

• Kidlet 26Kidlet 26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, he did!  Totally his idea too.  He was very excited to do so.  My dad was happy about that too.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes.  He asked both my mom and my dad - my parents are divorced so he asked separately, mom first :)  He even asked my brothers!
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI didn't ask for permission/blessing, but did inform my father what his intention was. I would've said yes regardless if my paren'ts gave permission or not.
  • dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, he didn't ask my Dad for permission, but we're really not that traditional of a family... so it wasn't really a big deal.  My Dad knew it was coming and was really excited!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, he did.  And he asked my grandparents who were there at the time, and my grandmother got a picture of him asking!  It's cute.  
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, he did not. My parents are kind of "hippy-ish" and would feel their opinion doesn't play a part. I tend to agree. They are marring the guy, I am.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • kxhamiltonkxhamilton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He called my mom to tell her he was asking, but it wasn't really a request for her permission. My mom was really touched by it, so I'm glad he did.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes and no. It was more of a statement of intent to both my parents. We're not really that traditional, and it's really up to me who I marry :)
  • tseaytseay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, he did. We went to visit my parents for Christmas and he got my mom to distract me while he talked to my dad. They talked for a long while so I eventually got a clue that something was going on. I'm glad he did....my parents would have been just as excited, but it shows respect in my family.
  • Deemac1011Deemac1011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes he did. He went back home (Atlanta) without me (We currently live in Baltimore) and pretended that he was on the road stuck in traffic when he was actually sitting with my father the entire time.  Talk about surprise.  I agree with tseay- my parents would've been happy either way, but I'm glad he went the traditional route.
    *Dee*
  • edited December 2011
    He didn't "ask" per se, but he informed everyone in my family and his family as well. I'm shocked they could keep a secret so well as i have a million siblings! :) I thought it was kind of cute, because he asked my youngest sister (who is six) and she said she thought "he would make a good prince." Ahh the young ones.. :)
    imagepcos ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards