Just Engaged and Proposals

ordered rings, planning proposals

EEEEEK. We officially ordered our rings and they're on their way. Now I'm planning a proposal (and he's planning one for me) and I'm being sneaky and telling white lies so I can have time to get the proposal stuff ready. EEEEK. I'm so so happy.

The rings are meteorite inlays in titanium. I couldn't get the pic inset to work so here's a link.

OUrs have much smaller side rails. We're both huge science geeks so rings that can't be made by man but require MILLIONS of years for the metal alloys to cool and crystalize is pretty us.

Now I am trying to figure out what makes a good non-surprise proposal. He doesn't know what it will be or exactly when, but he does know it's coming and I know he'll say yes! Any tiny touches you can recommend that made you feel super special? I am gathering a list of the special us moments, song, themes from our dating time. I think there might be sidewalk chalk.

Re: ordered rings, planning proposals

• Sounds exciting, but I'm a bit confused. You're both proposing to each other and neither of you knows when the other will propose because you're both planning surprises? I'm just unsure how it will work. What if the day before you've planned your proposal, he proposes? Or vice versa? Won't the other one be superfluous then?
  • When we decided we wanted to get married he expressed that he didn't want to miss out on either the proposing to me, or the being proposed to. I didn't either.

So, when the rings (that we picked out together) arrive I'll take his, and he'll take him, until we propose to the other person. He knows I'm not very patient so I can't wait more than a couple weeks!

Not traditional, I know, but very us. Nothing about this wedding will be traditional but we're madly in love. I guess that part is.
  • My fiance wants a gold and meteorite wedding band.

I was engaged without a ring, and knew his official proposal was coming. We designed my ring together. I still was on my toes for weeks.The knowing doesnt make it any less special, or any less of an impact. Its still an amazing moment.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • dewingedpixiedewingedpixie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_ordered-rings-planning-proposals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:e5ae83c8-d3f9-4ab3-94e8-779709df4380Post:1208ebda-924b-4f68-abce-29a6575143c5">Re: ordered rings, planning proposals</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ordered rings, planning proposals : I'm still scratching my head over this one too. I think it's great that you are proposing to each other; I just don't know how that would be done as a surprise, or without scheduling it.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

She could do what I did which is I kept his engagement gift on me for over 2 weeks knowing it was coming and give it to him when he asks. I had all my words ready and everything and gave it to him that morning of his "proposal".
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_ordered-rings-planning-proposals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:e5ae83c8-d3f9-4ab3-94e8-779709df4380Post:7c5af878-9f2f-4828-8dfc-241eb4f1004b">Re: ordered rings, planning proposals</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ordered rings, planning proposals : She could do what I did which is I kept his engagement gift on me for over 2 weeks knowing it was coming and give it to him when he asks. I had all my words ready and everything and gave it to him that morning of his "proposal".
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm just going to make him wait until I give it to him. Until I plan something fun and he won't know when it's coming. If I propose first he'll just make me wait until he's ready. 2 surprise proposals and we each get to be on both ends for one. Functionally we're already engaged, this is just because it's AWESOME!</div>
  • Alright, your plan makes more sense now! Thanks for explaining it a bit more. It sounds like both of you are really excited. I hope the plans work out! :)
  • Congrats!! We are/did the whole two way proposal thing. After deciding on a wedding date, a month or so afterwards i proposed to him and bought him a watch he had been wanting. Now we have found my ring and are waiting to see where he is financially in december to get it and he will propose to give me my ring. It was a mutual agreement we had always talked about as well

• I think that it's your love story, your proposal and your life.(: 
    You guys should do whatever you want with it! 
    I think that's cute and creative of you guys to both propose! 
    Have fun!!
    :D 
    Lindsey D. marrying love of my life 7.8.2013. Baby #1 on the way mid-October! (:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards