Missouri-Kansas City

Dress on a budget...

So would like to start dress shopping in the next few months for our wedding in June of 2011 but I really want to stay under $500. What places in the KC area would you ladies suggest.

PS: I not looking for a large ball gown- we are having our cermony outdoors.
Thanks!

Re: Dress on a budget...

• edited December 2011
    I was on the same budget when looking for my dress a couple of weeks ago.  I'm sure there are lots of other places as well, but I went to Group USA & found quite a few.  I had also made an appointment at Gown Gallery as the girl on the phone had told me that their dresses usually started at about $650 but they had several floor models that they would sell at 50% off.  The surprise was that the girl that helped me pulled out about a half dozen to start that were mostly under $500 regular price!  I was also looking for something simple like you & actually found 2 that I really liked & bought one that day (they gave an extra 10% off & half off shipping for ordering that day).

I also had an appt. at David's Bridal but decided that since I had found "the one" I didn't end up going.

Hope that helps!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

David's Bridal has a good selection of under $500 dress.  I also found that if a stores carries any dress considered "destination" dresses (i.e. for destination weddingd) they are even cheaper.  I found one for $399, it was pretty simple and not a ball room.  You might consider asking when you call the stores if they have a section like that. 

I went to Mia's and Ida's as well as David's Bridal.

HTH
    Maiya

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also suggest David's Bridal. I found my Galina dress (PIB) there for $550 on sale and I LOVE it! The fabric and construction is actually really nice because it's one of their "higher end" lines, and I still can't believe how much it cost! My original budget was $1000 and now I get to spend the savings elsewhere on my wedding!

I went to the one in Lenexa and they were very nice and helpful.

Just call around and ask different bridal stores what price range they sell. A good store will not bring you anything out of your price range (one reason why I wouldn't recommend Mia's... I said $1000 and they were bringing me $1500-$2000 dresses).

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• L&JWilliamsL&JWilliams member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Angel!

My Name is Lauren and I actually have a wedding dress and veil that has never been worn and already altered if you would like to email me and get some more info. on it that would be fine.   LDornhoffer@gmail.com
  • katej78katej78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, if you're looking for something on the less formal side, a lot of bridesmaid dresses come in white or ivory, and they're definitely cheaper than actual wedding gowns!

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

I didn't want to pay a huge price for my dress, so I've been looking for months for something I loved, but at a reasonable price.  I got super lucky, and happened to find my dress on sale at David's for $99!!  I could not believe it!  My "runner up" dress was at Group USA.  I don't think they have any gowns over $699 there.  Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards