Wedding Invitations & Paper

Yet another invite proofing needed

Hi everybody,
So John and I are getting married in October and I'm ordering my invitations at weddingpaperdiva.com
I have a question regarding the wording. Mainly, I'm just taking what is already on the invitation, is that alright, or should I come up with something creative?
Also, since we're over 30, we were thinking of not mentioning the parents, especially since we're paying for most of the wedding.
Also on the response card, it's buffet, so what should I put on the card? And how do I specify if it's just one or two people coming?
Input please! Thanks.

Stacy Lynn XXXX
and
John Paul XXXX

request the pleasure of your company
at the celebration of their union

Sunday, the third of October
two thousand and ten
at half past eleven o'clock in the morning
Location of venue
Address 
Address

Re: Yet another invite proofing needed

• it should read two thousand ten. the AND isn't necessary. otherwise it looks pretty good!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • I personally prefer marriage instead of "union" - it makes it sound like its a civil ceremony, not sure if that's the tone of your wedding though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the input. I do prefer marriage too. Are you ladies putting quotes in your invitations?
  • It should be half AFTER and not half PAST eleven o' clock.  Past is reserved for funerals.

Other than that it's fine but rather casual.  You could also just use the wording:

The pleasure of your company is requested at the marriage of:

I'd avoid quotes in the invitation.  That gets extra wordy and hard to read.
  • the "and" in the year is kind of debated, however you think it looks best would be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards