Hawaii

::Samaralynn23:: FANGER ESTATES

Hey girl... I was just wondering how your wedding went at Fanger Estates.  We drove by the property three days before your weddings, and didn't see anyone on property, and I noticed the second house wasn't finished yet.  Did you end up having your wedding on this property?  Just wanted to hear more about your experience.

Re: ::Samaralynn23:: FANGER ESTATES

• Samaralynn23Samaralynn23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Leah,

It was GORGEOUS!!! We decided to get the house the day before the wedding and checked out on wednesday afternoon.  We ended doing the set up out side last minute cause as FI and I were taking a walk along the beach it started raining hard.  It was everything I thought it would be and more.  There were some major issues with the house but nothing that we couldnt handle bummed somethings didnt work like the jacuzzi in the master bathroom.  We tried using it and while filling it the water has been leaking under the wood floors in the master under and around the bed.  Scary.  ANTS were another major issues no flower was left untouched thats for sure. 

But over all even with some of the issues its a gorgeous house gorgeous view with and amazing setting for all the family we were able to have come in for the wedding.  I couldnt have asked for anything better. 

The second house is being worked on.  WIth having our wedding on a monday they were definitely working.  Matter of fact it was quite comical the sawing away while were were in the middle of our ceremony, no worries though.  House probably wont be ready till next summer. 

Ill have more later still have family in town.  How was your wedding?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention the septic also over flowed do to using the jacuzzi, lol. 
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you're a pretty forgiving person.  It sounds like they really shouldn't be renting the one finished house out if they don't have the septic/jacuzzi thing fixed, have ants all over, and intend to continue with construction during a ceremony that's happening at the one finished house.  I don't think I'd be inclined to put up with that.
  • edited December 2011
    The septic system?!? Oh lord...
  • mocha beansmocha beans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, are they "theoretically" working on some of these issues?  Cause an overflowing septic and no working jacuzzi would bother me just a bit.

I'm really seriously considering if this is still a good idea to do our wedding there too...
  • burichanburichan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow.., you are an extremely patient person.. i would not have been happy! What a great outlook you have though!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you guys but honestly most of our family scapped change forever to get here so there could have been a flood or the house caught on fire and I would have still felt the same.  I myself and other family memebers were very pleased but FI was not and is planning on writing a letter in regards to all the issues we had.  I guess I'm just happy nothing worse happened. 

Mocha:  When are you getting married?? Those issues may be handled by then but you know after looking everywhere else I wowuld have still stuck with Fanger. 

It was a fairy tale that in the end turned out to be a beautiful one.
  • mocha beansmocha beans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sept 25, 2010.  So there's plenty of time for things to get worked out, and I hope they do.  I don't really want to spend more time looking around for a different place; I have a feeling that most places are going to be more than we want to spend, not as nice looking, or that we'll be doing the hotel thing (which isn't bad but not really what I want).  I'm sure my FI would by just like your DH and write a letter if things aren't up to snuff.

I'm glad you guys had a great time and I can't wait for the pics!

• alljoylagalljoylag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I married at the fanger estates in July.  They still have not refunded my deposit.  They have been lying to me and saying it is in the mail, and it is not.  Please beware you will face some problems with them.  I also heard one wedding there was shut down during the ceremony.  I would not recommend it, although it is beautiful, it is not worth the hassels.  We even had problems with the oven hours before our reception which had our caterer freaking out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards