Washington-Seattle

Bridal shops

I still haven't been able to find my gown!! I must order by the end of the month bc my wedding is in November and most places ask for 6 months in advance.
I live in Lynnwood and my maid of honor lives in kirkland. Any ideas where we can go dress shopping??

Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Bridal shops

• mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at I Do Bridal (in the Wallingford neighborhood in Seattle).  Most gowns there are under $1,000.  If you are on a tighter budget, this could work.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Alfred Angelo - they are VERY reasonable and have a ton of gowns in every size imaginable. I had a great experience with them.

Also recommended is I Do Bridal, Pearls & Lace in Burien (you don't have to have an associate trail your every move - you just go for it!) and La Belle Reve in Bellevue.

Best of luck!
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • zoiesmurfzoiesmurf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from the Alderwood DB, but I also liked the dresses at the Princess Bride in Country Village in Bothell. HTH! Smile
    December 2011 Weddings September Siggy: Shoes
    Vintage shoes I found at an antique store about 10 years ago :)

CIMG0051

Retro/Vintage Siggy Challenge: Favorite Vintage Movie
    sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to pretty much every store in the area when I was shopping. Here's what I thought about them:

Something Blue in Puyallup - worth the drive, especially if you can combine it with something else. If your budget is around $1,000 she has Casablanca and Essence of Australia. She does the alterations herself. She started selling dresses after years of just alterations. And, at least one of her Essence dresses was priced lower than La Belle Reve. (The Powerhouse is up the street, too.)

There's another one in Puyallup that I've heard good reviews of but never made it to... Lady Margaret's?

The Wedding Bell - just do this the same day as Something Blue and Lady Margaret's. They have a large inventory and I found some good help there.

Benita's - in Silverdale - if you're trying to do the southern stores all in one day, and a fourth would put you over the top, this is the one I would cut but I was glad I gave it a shot.

Pearls and Lace - DEFINITELY go there. I love that you don't have to have an appointment and the ladies there are so nice and that they'll help you as much or as little as you would like. Large inventory, too. There's a bunch of cute shops on 152nd, too. Including one that does custom jewelry, veils, etc. (Not only do they let you take pictures, if you need, they'll take them for you.)

Cynderellie's Closet - I really liked them, too. If you're a princess bride, you might get upset about sharing the big mirror with the person who has an appointment at the same time as you but I got lucky enough to have the other girl be really nice and be interested in the complete oppostite dresses as me.  (Not only do they let you take pictures, if you need, they'll take them for you, too!)

Bellevue Bridal - I didn't make it there (found my dress right before my appointment) but they were always nice on the phone.

I Do Bridal - They have some lines other stores don't - like Justin Alexander (I think All That Shimmers was the only other store in the area that carried that line but they closed in December). My one piece of advice about them is to go in the morning when you're fresh. It was my last appointment of the day when I went and their dresses were so tight on the racks (they have a little more inventory than they really have room for) I couldn't paw through them well enough to see and I may have missed some good ones.

Bride's Outlet - I found it to be a waste of time. They were nice but I didn't see a thing I wanted to try on.

Hopefully these get you started and you can find the one and get this off your list. It's such a relief!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • liamahalliamahal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a november bride, also! And the bridal shops were scaring me about the same thing.  I just ordered mine this weekend!

I was going to get my dress at Cynderellie's Closet.  But they were requiring to pay for the full amount.  So, I went with Pearls and Laces in Burien, because all I needed to put down was half.
    {8.20.10 - Married} {11.12.11 - Wedding}
  • meganhardanmeganhardan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Another vote for Pearls and Lace in Burien.  The owner is super nice and the atmosphere is very laid back.  My sisters were in heaven being able to run around and pull dresses off the racks for me to try on--huge selection as well. 

• edited December 2011

I got my dress at Cynderellie's Closet in Edmonds.  They have been absolutely wonderful.  Also, I was only required to put down half.  While they "encourage" the full payment, they only need half.  And you get 10% of the purchase back to spend on a veil or accessories...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long ago did you order from Cynderelli's?  They weren't letting me put only half down, they required full down last weekend.  And they aren't doing the 10% towards accessories anymore.  However, Pearls and Laces took off tax when I asked if they would honor the 10% towards accessories.
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Amandas Bridal in Kirkland (that's where i ended up buying my dress) and also loved Pearls and Lace in Burien.  Both places had great selections and knowledgeable employees!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the info!! I'm hoping I can get this done with in the next few weeks!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    liamahal - I ordered back in the beginning of December.  I can't believe they changed that!  When I pick up my dress, I'll confirm this with them.  I've been recommending them left and right, but may not continue to do so if tha's the case.

I also went to Pearls and Lace and they were really nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I chose my dress back in December.  And when i came back a couple weeks ago they said they do not give out the 10% towards accessories anymore. But since I was told about it in December, it still pertains to me.  As for the half vs. full down, I didn't ask them in December what their policy was.  But now, it's def. full down.  =(
  • jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i loved cynderellies. they are the sweetest people there. there's a place i did not like in bothell i won't talk about, but fyi check better business bureau scores before you commit to anything!
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards