New Jersey - South

Venue Advice- Winery vs. Shore

Hi! My FI and I are just starting to plan our wedding. I am new to Jersey (from Texas) so I haven't seen any places in person yet. He is from here so he knows much more about that area than I do. But I wanted to ask opinions from some women in the area.

We are planning on a November wedding (early- like the 2nd or 3rd). I feel like since we're at the shore, we should capitalize on the Cape May/Somers Point area. The ceremony is at St. Joes in Hammonton, so is Cape May too far for the reception? I hear good things about Smithville Inn and really like the pictures I've seen. The boy really like Renault Winery.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking at $90-$100 per head. Is that even possible around here? I feel like South Jersey is pretty expensive when it comes to weddings.

I appreciate any help y'all can give!! Thanks!!

Re: Venue Advice- Winery vs. Shore

• OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Cape May would be at least a 45 minute drive from St. Joes in Hammonton.  Renault Winery would be much closer as would the Smithville Inn.  There are some hotels in the area around Smithville Inn, but none that I can think of in the area of Renault winery.  If you are from Austin, I would figure you will have family coming to the wedding who will need hotel accomodations.  While I don't know for sure the prices of Renault or Smithville, it is possible in our area to have a $90-$100 per head.  There is also Valenzano (I think thats the name) winery.  It's located right in Hammonton too on the White Horse Pike.  It would probably be only a 15 minute drive for guests from the ceremony.

I am having my reception at Brigalias in Sicklerville, it is gorgeous, and it is in the same price range as you are looking for.

good luck in your search!

Good luck in your search!
  • catalina513catalina513 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of that is really really good to know! Thank you!! I did get a chance to look at Smithville Inn (online only- not in person yet). It looks fantastic. I haven't heard of the Mill at Spring Lake, but I'm definitely going to check it out. Is that close to Hammonton?
    edited December 2011
    If you are going to look at Smithville Inn for your reception, near by are also Seaview Resort, which has rooms on the premesis for your guests and also Rams Head Inn as well.  They are all located very close to each other.  Again, not sure of the price, but these two places are located in the general vacinity of Smithville Inn.
  • catalina513catalina513 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took some peoples advice and looked at Brigalias. I also looked at Scotland Run, Valleybrook and Marco's at Indian Spring. I've heard really amazing things about all of them but unfortunately, FI (who lived here most of his life) has never heard of any of them. Any thoughts about pricing or setting? They all look very pretty... were the places easy to work with? Thanks for the help!
    edited December 2011
    Brigalias is in your budget mentioned in the OP.  There are 3 price levels.  I am using the middle price level and it's sit down or buffet, same price - which is rare!  Our price with taxes and gratuity is $104 per person.  And there is a cheaper option that is a buffet only.  Brigalias used to be the Winslow House.  Most people who have never heard of Brigalias, may know it as the Winslow House.  The daughter of the man who owned the Winslow House, know runs and is the head chef at Brigalias.  I have heard nothing but great things for their food as well.  I know many people who have been there and they rave about the food.  Connie is the office manager and she is really nice.  The grounds are beautiful, so you can take outdoor pictures once you arrive.  There are a few other Brigalias ladies on here and I'm sure they will say the same as me!

I didn't look at any of the other venues you mentioned.  But I know that Valleybrook has a wide range of price points as well.
  • TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Renault Winery has a hotel on their location. It is called the Tuscany House. It is beautiful. I am having my reception at Renault in January and my guests are staying at the Tuscany House.

If you like "old world" charm, then Renault is the place for you. It is so elegant! I love the dark wood and the wine barrels, vines, and white lights all around. We are having our reception in the Vintage Room (on the winery side) and we are paying less than $70 a plate.

Good luck and you can personal message me if you have any questions!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards