Massachusetts-Boston

need suggestions for caterers/photographers please!

Hi gals, I live in Sharon.  My wedding will be in Oct 2011, haven't set the actual date yet.  Any thoughts on caterers or photographers around this way?

Re: need suggestions for caterers/photographers please!

• edited December 2011
    check out joshua behan! he was our photographer- a blog post of our pics is below in my siggy. He was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    thanks, checked out his page.  lots of great stuff.  May be out of my price range though.  I should have been more specific with that.  So here goes photgraphers/Caterers $$
  • edited December 2011
    what range exactly? if you give us a good idea- the girls here are great with suggestions.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Leah Haydock . . . <3 her
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Melissa DeSchamp Photography.  We did some engagement pictures with her and she is awesome to work with! 
  • edited December 2011

I don't have an exact budget for photo figured yet.  WE;re trying to keep everything under $10,000.  I do want good pictures, that is something that is important to me.  I'm thinking $2-2500.00

• edited December 2011
    my husband's aunt was married last year and used twiceasnicephotography.com

if I remember correctly... they are in your price range. Their work is really great :) Both women are also really really nice!

my book shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    We used Kevin Jacobus Photography, and they have been awesome!! Love their work, and both Kevin and our photographer, Nic, are such nice people.

kevinjacobusphoto.com
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Scott Metzger.  We used him for our wedding and highly recommend him!  You can read my review in my bio (under Vendor Reviews) if you're interested, and there are links to the slideshow he made for us and our album proof there too. 

http://www.metzgerstudios.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't help with the caterer, but I can recommend our photographers!

We used Nysedt Photography for our wedding, and Shannon Sorensen Photography for our post-wedding brunch & Rock the Frock.  I HIGHLY recommend either/both of them, and either would be within your budget.  I have more detailed reviews in my Bio (clicky link in my signature below).
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • stephiepiestephiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Samantha Allen Photography. I think she is even below what you are looking for price range, but better than a lot of the pricy photographers out there....she is artsy/documentary style. www.samanthaallenphotography.com (she has a lot of cool stuff on facebook too).
  • edited December 2011
    I love Dan Surette's photos. He does amazing portraits and landscapes. And he's definitely in your budget!

www.danielsurette.com

Catering, I don't know. We are going with a caterer out of Plymouth, so that might be too far away.

November Siggy Challenge: Favorite On Screen Couple
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we used john loconte johnlophoto.com and highly recommend him! :)
  • edited December 2011
    My photography company Fucci's Photos is moving up to Boston in the next month.  We fit in your budget if you check www.FuccisPhotos.com.  If you are looking for something a bit more, my Sister-in-law is using Symbol photography and loving them.  Their work is VERY artistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards