Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

6 months to edit our wedding video...?

Hi ladies. (I posted this in the photo video section as well, but thought it might be more helpful for those who had already gotten married to see it).

I just got married in October; the videographer we hired had a fabulous website and portfolio. About two weeks after the wedding I dropped him an e-mail asking him to let me know before he mailed our video because we were moving. He wrote me back and said he would contact me when they started editing.

I waited about four more weeks, and wrote him again, sending him my new address and asking for a specific timeline as to when we should expect our work. He wrote me back and told me they were still working on weddings from July (My wedding was the start of October) so they wouldn't be getting to ours for at least 6 more months.

Okay. So is this reasonable? How long did you guys who got video have to wait?.... I feel like this is really outrageous, especially since he didn't feel the need to even tell me I should expect to wait this long. But maybe this is the norm?....

Re: 6 months to edit our wedding video...?

• Well our videographer was a creep and was nuts so take that into consideration when I answer lol. We got married in July and didn't get our wedding vid until Valentine's Day. It was a bunch of phone tag and petty excuses on his part. Our contract even said between 8 to 12 weeks. I could have threatened or taken legal action, but really, I just wanted the DVD and that could've made it worse. I just made sure, after I got it, to write bad reviews on any website I could for his company.

What does your contract say, if anything? If it states a shorter time frame, I would most certainly bring that up with him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Our wedding video wasn't edited other than connecting the mic voices to the video, so we got ours within 2-3 weeks (I don't remember exactly, but it was very soon after we got back from the honeymoon). 
  • We got married in March and got our video in July.  I am still waiting for my album though. Which I was told would take 6 months after we picked the photos which was in June.  At this point I'm hoping to get it before our first anniversary.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got a similar timeline as you for our video. H and I aren't too worried about it though. We know we'll get it. We just look at our pictures in the meantime!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For a video with a lot of editing, 6 months is fairly common in my experience, especially if you got married during a busy time of year. But a timeline should have been in your contract from the beginning. 

I got married in June, many girls are just starting to get their videos and we are all about to hit the 6th month anniversary. Those that had less complicated videos with minimal editing received them around the 8-12 week mark.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_6-months-to-edit-our-wedding-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:3a8a4cc1-d84b-435a-8518-d880a8e77e7cPost:ac77f642-379f-4592-847c-2e4397902711">6 months to edit our wedding video...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies. (I posted this in the photo video section as well, but thought it might be more helpful for those who had already gotten married to see it). I just got married in October; the videographer we hired had a fabulous website and portfolio. About two weeks after the wedding I dropped him an e-mail asking him to let me know before he mailed our video because we were moving. He wrote me back and said he would contact me when they started editing. I waited about four more weeks, and wrote him again, sending him my new address and asking for a specific timeline as to when we should expect our work. He wrote me back and told me they were still working on weddings from July (My wedding was the start of October) so they wouldn't be getting to ours for at least 6 more months. Okay. So is this reasonable? How long did you guys who got video have to wait?.... I feel like this is really outrageous, especially since he didn't feel the need to even tell me I should expect to wait this long. But maybe this is the norm?....
    Posted by bedagi[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's reasonable if it was discussed prior to you hiring him. What should've have been discussed is the average turn aroundj time. My video was finished by August, and I got married in July. I don't think it's the norm for it to take six months, unless they are really popular, or the videographer does other work outside of wedding videography, which is taking up his time. 

</div>
  • If it is really worth it to you, I suggest asking your videographer if you can pay a "priority fee" to help you get your video quicker. I was told that a priority fee would bump up your importance. I prefer my videog to take their time though, that way I know the quality is not compromised.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards