Nevada-Las Vegas

Vegas Save the Dates

Has anyone used Vegas inspired Save the Dates?  If so, what site did you use to order from?  The only ones I like are from vegaswedlockinvitations.com.  Any other sugguests???  I need to order my save the dates asap.  Thanks.

Re: Vegas Save the Dates

• edited December 2011
    i did mine thru WeddingPaperDivas.com

if you go to their site and search "vegas" a few designs will come up.  i used an invite that they had for a bachlorette party, and just changed to wording to make it a save the date.

we got alot of compliments on them :)

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing that Amanda! Its super cute...very inspiring!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i ordered mine from invitationsbydawn.com but the syle i chose is no longer available. I did find a couple I liked from weddingpaperdivas.com as well.

*Im from Indiana too...nwi!! love to see another hoosier on here : )
  • blroed01blroed01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing Amanda and Dani.  They are both super cute.  I just found another one I like.  It'a a postcard at http://www.etsy.com/listing/37881652/las-vegas-save-the-date-postcards-set-of. What do you all think?  IDK about postcards.  The idea is cute!
    Las Vegas Save the Date Postcards - Set of 100

Las Vegas Save the Date Postcards - Set of 100
  • edited December 2011
    From Magnetstreet.com

Anniversary
  • blroed01blroed01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS.  JuneBug I am glad to see another Hoosier on here too. 
  • edited December 2011
    I did the magnets and EVERYONE commented about loving them....

http://www.pioneercolor.com/wedding/savethedatemagnets?collection=40
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    mine are the same as ebony :)
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine from magnetqueen.com.  SUPERCUTE.   They turned out awesome.  I think they are running a special of 20% off thru 7/19.
  • edited December 2011
    I did STD magnets from vistaprint.com using my own photoshop image; they let you upload your own stuff and then will print them.  FI and I took pics in front of the Vegas sign last month, so I took that, stuck a box in the bottom left corner with some shadow and then put all the relevant info on top.  Should have them tomorrow.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    Oh Miss Bell and how much I love your magnets!! I didnt even know they existed...we only have like 10 people coming ....but I think its a neat way to make it special ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I also ordered from Magnetqueen.com.  I think they are perfect for what we wanted to spend.
    http://www.magnetqueen.com/lasvegas_neon_order.htm

Las Vegas Save The Date - Neon
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered mine from Postcards.com.  It was meant to be a postcard for business marketing.  I changed the wording and used the Vegas design.  100 postcards for $28 including rush shipping.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another STD question, how early did you send yours out?  I keep reading a year for destination weddings, is that when you sent yours out?  TIA!
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We meant to send ours out 10 months in advance but we're just now starting to address them... Oops...  Embarassed
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    Sent them in October for May wedding
  • edited December 2011
    We sent them 8 months out.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    We sent ours out at the 10 month mark. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ours will be going out about ten months in advance.  Not sure when we'll send invites and what we'll put on for RSVP deadline though...  what's everyone else doing?

• caingel95caingel95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for posting links to these websites you used for your "Save the date" magnets.  i will be needing their services soon! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    We used save the date magnets with carrier cards from Magnetstreet.com.  Sign
    up for their emails, they have 20-30% off sales.  Here is the sample of what we used:

See my bio for everything.  Our guests have loved the Vegas themed invites. 

They have lots of vegas themed invites and save the dates.  Look under "themes".

We sent out save the dates 8 months prior and invites 2 months prior. 
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately because we wanted to let guests choose between filet, chicken or fish for the main course, Mix needs to know about 4 months in advance a reasonably accurate guest count for each food type since they won't order enough of each type for a 150 guest wedding to hope they get it right.  We were going to put the choice on the rsvp card.

We were thinking of sending the invites at six months with a seven to eight week later rsvp date; do you think that sounds reasonable?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vegas-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:12d917be-6c25-499e-984f-78c289cd91dcPost:a6ef692b-e77e-4367-9d5a-9aea67399d1e">Re: Vegas Save the Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately because we wanted to let guests choose between filet, chicken or fish for the main course, Mix needs to know about 4 months in advance a reasonably accurate guest count for each food type since they won't order enough of each type for a 150 guest wedding to hope they get it right.  We were going to put the choice on the rsvp card. We were thinking of sending the invites at six months with a seven to eight week later rsvp date; do you think that sounds reasonable?
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

that seems a little early to me, but you might not have another choice.  i don't know if everyone will know for sure 6 months out if they're going to be able to make it to the wedding.  you might get more "we'll be there!" replies than actually come.
  • edited December 2011
    I was worried about that too but we have a minimum food & beverage requirement we have to meet so no-shows won't really cost us anything other than the fact that we wasted a spot since we're coming in under the minimum and are going to have to pay a little anyway.  I'd prefer to send them a bit later but the restaurant is doing a custom menu and needs time to put it all together; I'm going to bug them some more and see if they'll push that requirement closer to the event date.

• edited December 2011
    No way ppl will know 6 months in advance! I didn't put guests in the 'yes' column until they had a flight booked. We had 3 ppl not come at the last minute like literally we were driving to Vegas when we found out.

You can ask that early but be prepared for lots of changes!
  • edited December 2011
    We used the same ones as 'thefuturemrsrum..." we've gotten alot of compliments on them. That website (www.magnetstreet.com) has alot of nice options and alot of deals! - At the bottom click on 'coupons'. We really made out good!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vegas-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:12d917be-6c25-499e-984f-78c289cd91dcPost:cf7ff546-cfb0-4da8-b59c-ede82a14806f">Re: Vegas Save the Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was worried about that too but we have a minimum food & beverage requirement we have to meet so no-shows won't really cost us anything other than the fact that we wasted a spot since we're coming in under the minimum and are going to have to pay a little anyway.  I'd prefer to send them a bit later but the restaurant is doing a custom menu and needs time to put it all together; I'm going to bug them some more and see if they'll push that requirement closer to the event date.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]
    Isn't Mix a regular restaurant?  Are you closing the whole place down for your wedding (i.e. renting the entire place)?

It doesn't make sense to me that they couldn't let guests select their dinner at the time of the meal - especially if the rest of the restaurant is functioning as normal.  Or that a 2-3 week notice for your guest total isn't enough time to order whatever they need.  Is their seafood brought in by horse and buggy from Maine?

I would bug them a little more.  Surely a 2-3 week notice would be enough time for them to prepare.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vegas-save-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:12d917be-6c25-499e-984f-78c289cd91dcPost:54cee3a3-666b-4001-8cfa-e32dd923932c">Re: Vegas Save the Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vegas Save the Dates : Isn't Mix a regular restaurant?  Are you closing the whole place down for your wedding (i.e. renting the entire place)? It doesn't make sense to me that they couldn't let guests select their dinner at the time of the meal - especially if the rest of the restaurant is functioning as normal.  Or that a 2-3 week notice for your guest total isn't enough time to order whatever they need.  Is their seafood brought in by horse and buggy from Maine? I would bug them a little more.  Surely a 2-3 week notice would be enough time for them to prepare.
    Posted by amandajean36[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we've rented the restaurant out for the night.  Supposedly the issue was that the celebrity chef that oversees the menu/food side of the place is really picky on how the food is prepared and that it's on tables 90 seconds after it's ready, so they wanted enough planning time to figure out how many of each of the three main course options would need to be prepared so they can start working on the logistics of having those quantities ready at nearly the same time to then get it all out to the tables.  They're basically treating our reception as if 150 people came in and orderd at exactly the same time; i.e. worse case scenario for a restaurant. :-)  We can't pick the actual menu items until spring because they change the menu quarterly but I'm going to bug them to see if we can push the deadline back to something more realistic.

• kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that one you found on etsy.  I had my girlfriend who does graphic design make mine.  She designed them and then ordered them online for me.  They came out awesome. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards