North Carolina-Outer Banks

pictures

Some preview pics from bridget and a pic of the beach nourishment

Re: pictures

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, your preview pics from the ceremony are GORGEOUS! You look so lovely and the weather & sky look amazing. The cake is beautiful too! We are ordering the same style from Great Cakes! Thanks for sharing these.

Second, the beach nourishment pics are a little scary! I didn't realize it was like full on construction with tractors on the beach! It sucks they have to do this the year we are getting married! I'm glad you were able to work around it though. What a nightmare!

Congrats and I can't wait to see/hear more!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!  The pics look awesome!
  • KtinagrlKtinagrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I just loved the Outer Banks!  Why didn't I get married there? lol  I got married in Florida, but I wanted to share this with you all. 

If you ladies want ideas for an Outer Banks wedding, check out the blog and facebook page featuring an OBX wedding from this past weekend. 

http://madtightphotography.blogspot.com/2011/05/valleri-jeff-canterbury-may-28-2011.html

• kolaughlin23kolaughlin23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is kind of scary and I was suprised when I saw the big trucks and huge metal pipes that they were laying. Hopefully it works out for everyone and it doesnt ruin anyone's day!
  • edited December 2011
    From the Nags Head website, you can check on 2 links that should be helpful to all OBX brides.  Their main link for the nourishment project is http://www.townofnagshead.net/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={9BA20C54-6A4A-4039-8FCA-463771B8970E}

Under it, you can click on the Expected Construction Timeline Map or the Actual Project Progress Map to determine whether the project will affect your wedding.
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    K.....you are sooooo gorgeous!  I just love your dress and your hair is so pretty :)
    I am so glad you had such a great week and the weather was perfect too

Funny b/c from the looks of the pics, your house is right beside ours, lol.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What house are you at? We were at Make a Wish. It was beautiful!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also had Grandaddy's Ocean which was right next door. They are both great houses! Although Grandaddy's had no pool!
  • edited December 2011
    Katie, thanks for posting the pics. 

Just wondering:  Where your guests parked.  Did you have chairs or benches on the beach?  Did you use any dec. on the beach?  I hope you do not think this too intrusive but we are next door at Whitman's Sampler in Sept.  Thanks in advance.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am happy to share!
    We actually only had about 35 people and they stayed in the 2 houses we rented so everyone fit in the parking lot. The driveways are long and if there wasn't a spot you could park in the grassy area. I'm not sure how many cars youre expecting but if you pack them in you can fit more than you would think.
    We didn't have chairs or benches on the beach. We just had people stand. I know its not genreally recommended on the knot to do this, but my family and friends did not mind. I heard no complaints... although we started the ceremony right after people went to the beach and had a very quick ceremony!
    We bought an arch at micheals on sale and decorated it a little. Then for the isle we did seashells lining the isle. I attached a picture so you can get the drift... although it looked different in real life.
    Someone got married just a couple houses down from us and they had a bamboo arch with colored streamers, all white chairs, and bamboo poles with the streamers down the isle. That was also pretty! 
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the info Ko....this is very helpful :)  Especially since you stayed right beside our house so the parking things puts my mind to ease a bit. 

Again thanks so much and congrats!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem let me know if you neeed anything else. The porch to your house was litterally right next to ours. Just so you know I think you have the same pool as us... it's neat and has seats, but its only like 3 ft deep.
     I went in pretty blind to what the house would be like and it worked out great! The pictures of the house didn't even do it justice. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards