Wedding Woes

random

feel free to add your own.

dh and i refer to the gastroenterologist as "dr. poo" and the ob/gyn as "dr. who" (as in hoo-ha, but spelled in homage to dr. who).

i found a bag of hershey kisses from halloween and i am currently plowing through them.  ahh, chalky.

i'm working on a final presentation for school, and i am considering using "bad reputation" to score and time the powerpoint.  tres unprofessional of me, but i am caring less as i get closer to vacation.  although ... i don't want to blow my gpa.  meh, this program can blow me.

Re: random

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretzel M&Ms are my true love

I have a headache and hate working
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are you planning to use an instrumental version? i think you should totally go for it. 

i once made a ppt for a chemical engineering class on PVC, and had every slide with a different picture of pipes set as the background. one portion was about fireworks, and i used sound effects, and scared the crap out of the class. bad reputation would be awesome. 
  • MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DED, zilla. DED.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    not instrumental, the joan jett version.  the ppt is about copyright violation, and this dude just straight-up copied somethinng, painted it white and said, "new!  and mine!" 

it's supposed to be a five min presentation, and "bad reputation" is about 2:45.  i will fill in the rest with instrumental songs, although i considered "everyone makes mistakes" from sesame street and sung by big bird.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_random-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:fec0c221-6d95-4735-9ac0-8bfce91b10f1Post:3ffc1dae-2b7d-467f-9292-d1d21c03a32f">Re: random</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pretzel M&Ms are my true love
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

Where did you find these??  I must have them.
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I read it as that also...but I was distracted by the thought of pretzel M&Ms
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The pretzel M&M commercial CRACKS ME UP!
  • edited December 2011
    Also: Mr. Arb found out that one of his former coworkers has been promoted at his current job, and they are looking for someone to take over his old position.  Former c/w is going to find out about what the salary will be for a new hire, and I'm crossing my fingers it's acceptable to Mr. Arb.  It would mean no more being on call!
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    at least you'll keep the class awake. 

i did a simpsons-themed ppt for work once, complete with sound bites from various characters - actually won an prize (portable DVD player) for it. 

I think that people in professional and educational environments need to learn how to make a presentations interesting. (do they teach english majors that? "interesting" is outside the scope of your typical engineering curriculum) I've sat through too many all day meetings where i was falling asleep at the table, or pinching my leg just to stay awake. 
    edited December 2011
    I've found them at the grocery store.  But heck, I have no idea where else.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_random-things-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:fec0c221-6d95-4735-9ac0-8bfce91b10f1Post:195c547c-88ec-442d-9de2-5ce387bfc9cb">Re: random</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've found them at the grocery store.  But heck, I have no idea where else.
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]
    I saw them at Wal-Mart at lunch.  I was looking for plain M&M's NOT sold in a 5 lb bag, and I was out of luck. 

I hate 95% of the presentations I'm subjected to.  I spend most of the time distracted because I'm mentally editing them.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    i would, but i am not going to be there.  they are just going to play it.  i would record narration or call in, but i am not going to do that while i am on vacation.

downside: it has to be pretty good, considering it's going to be something people are watching with no interaction from me.

upside: i don't have to listen to anyone else's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards