New Jersey

Florists

Hi Ladies,

I am a Palace bride and am looking into florists. We've already met with Rose Petals and Lace and A Touch of Elegance. My FI and I would like to meet with another florist to compare it to. Rose Petals and Lace gave us a written out estimate where everything is broken down, A Touch of Elegance didn't and we don't have a rough estimate to go by then.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Re: Florists

• michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Try YUMILA , Weddings $ Events Floral Design. She's a sweetheart and does excellent work within your budget. She will write everything out for you and you can make as many changes as you like! Never seems bothered.  201-519-4656
  • Thank you. I will.
  • ATOE will send you a breakdown if you ask for it. We met with them, but it wasn't a good fit for us. We selected Karma Flowers. We met with Trish, the owner. We loved her creative ideas on her site visit.
  • Try Vanessa at Metropolitan Plant Exchange, shes been really great with us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using A& W Flowers in Kearny which is more budget friendly, but there is Flower Cart in Old Bridge, Three Tulips, and Firefly Florists
  • We're using floriography out of rockaway.... her prices are exceptional and her work is phenominal. I was trying to find a great florist with out spending so much, I would have booked her even if I had an unlimited budget. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you ladies for all the suggestions. ATOE didn't send me a break down then I received an email a week letter asking if we wanted to go through with a contract. It kind of turned us off.
  • I spoke with A Touch of Elegance and Rose Petals and Lace, also. ATOE was very pushy and we received the same email shortly after we spoke with them. I chose Linda from Rose Petals and Lace and had an amazing experience. She was great to work with and the most affordable. I highly recommend her!
  • I met with 9 florists. A Touch of Elegance being one of them.  Absolutely & horribly OVERPRICED.  The wedding I wanted was going to cost me $7,500 with them.  I went with Petals Premier for the same thing AND more for $4000. Laughing  I LOVE flowers & they're important to me at my wedding which explains the $4k Money mouth Petals Premier is good with any budget. I highly suggest them.  
  • I agree with Lexi... Vanessa at Metropolitan flower and plant exchange is great. She has a sweet personaility and was willing to work within my budget. She didn't go $1 over!
  • So I had my wedding on September 6 :)  I wanted to update on my florist experience.  DO NOT.....DO NOT USE PETALS PREMIER!!!!!  I felt ripped off in the end & the work that was written in the contract was not all done.  Missing fabrics of chiffon down the aisle, centerpiece flowers were not the right color, missing crystals inside the vase for centerpieces, bouquets looking a bit wilted.  The assistant was less than helpful & was quite rude when I told her what was wrong & said, "prove it to me." So on my wedding day inside the ballroom I was scrambling to find the emails on my iphone I had between Adam & I trying to prove that he agreed to do certain things for my centerpieces on my wedding day. I started to cry. They disputed my review on Weddingwire, but too bad.  Customers need to know what kind of a business they are running.  I spent more money as well in the end so I didn't end up saving money with him at all.  It ended up being the same as the others. 
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2013
    sakura914 said:
    So I had my wedding on September 6 :)  I wanted to update on my florist experience.  DO NOT.....DO NOT USE PETALS PREMIER!!!!!  I felt ripped off in the end & the work that was written in the contract was not all done.  Missing fabrics of chiffon down the aisle, centerpiece flowers were not the right color, missing crystals inside the vase for centerpieces, bouquets looking a bit wilted.  The assistant was less than helpful & was quite rude when I told her what was wrong & said, "prove it to me." So on my wedding day inside the ballroom I was scrambling to find the emails on my iphone I had between Adam & I trying to prove that he agreed to do certain things for my centerpieces on my wedding day. I started to cry. They disputed my review on Weddingwire, but too bad.  Customers need to know what kind of a business they are running.  I spent more money as well in the end so I didn't end up saving money with him at all.  It ended up being the same as the others. 
    Again, why were you scrambling to find emails if it was all in the contract.  I feel like something is missing here.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards