Washington-Seattle

Browns Catering??

Hey Girls,
I know that a few of you have gone with BC. I'm looking into them incase this other place I was looking into falls through. I have already put in a quote request but I was just wondering about how much everyone was spending and for how many people. Also, I know that they have colored table overlays as well as colored napkins and just wanted to know what colors they have. I have done some mock ups my-self and was looking into getting orange and fushia colored table overlays my-self but thought it would be cheaper to go through them?
Either way, any help or advice would be much appreciated ladies!
TIA :D
Wedding Countdown Ticker ~*~True Love starts with you & me.. D&J Forever!!~*~

Re: Browns Catering??

• jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not using them, but I did meet w/ them.  They have about 10 really basic colors.  For 75 people, 2 entrees, I think our quote was like $4500.

And, its been awhile, but just FYI there were several people who had issues w/ them, like changing prices or minimums.  Also, I didn't go to tasting, but a few people that did were unimpressed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

we're using brown's catering. they have a ton of colors.. i think cream, white, yellow, black, royal blue, purple, maroon, red, green.. and i'm sure i'm missing some.

We got a quote for 75 people and it was about 3000 for 2 entrees. It seems like a pretty good deal. if you do go with them, I'd love if you say I referred you(if you don't have a referral already..) and then some one can do the same for you so you get money off or free food too. I've heard nothing but great things about their performance day of. Everyone says they reallyd eliver and everyone ends up loving their food!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not like bad mouthing vendors at all, but I had a bad experience with them, we were booking them, they changed our minimum (wanting $4500 for 50 people), demanded a higher deposit than our written qoute from 3 weeks before, refused to honor our quote even though Chef Anthony wrote that it was good for 30 days and signed it. I was not overly impressed with their food at their tasting and even less impressed the 6 times I have had it at weddings.

I think they used to be good, but I know at least 6 or 7 girls who had really bad experiences on their wedding day (bad food, cold food, not enough food, service, contract issues, etc..), and their online reviews this past year have gone completely downhill. I would say if you are going to use them do so very cauciously and keep in mind they are pretty consistent with the food quality being less than great on the day of.

www.yelp.com

That being said their are several other all inclusive caterers that other knotties are using that are cheaper than browns and have better food reviews!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using O'Shea's catering and I think our cost including rentals (linens etc) came to 4700.00 for 100 people
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Everyone for the input. I will keep it all in mind if and when we meet with them. Sarack, I will total say you recommended me if we do end up going with them. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~*~True Love starts with you & me.. D&J Forever!!~*~
  • edited December 2011
    thank you! you're the bomb! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards