Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Time to get pictures back

We're about to sign a contract with a photog but it concerns me that in her contract, it says we will get our digital files by 90 days after the event. That seems like an really long time. I asked her about it and she said it "usually" doesn't take that long but because of other weddings/sessions/etc, that is a realistic time frame and since it's in the contract that way she HAS TO get them to us by 90 days after. Our second choice photographer said she usually has them ready 2 weeks after and she is way more booked than #1. Is 90 days a normal time frame? I can be patient for quality photos, but 90 days seems like overkill.
"When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis

Re: Time to get pictures back

• The industry standard should be roughly 2 weeks - 1 month for a boutique studio and up to 2-3 months for a larger studio depending on the time of year you are getting married.
  • We had our digital proofs online in 2 weeks and we had our actual disc of edited images in 30 days. I am not really sure what the "norm" is though.
  • Ours were back in about a month. I've heard of them taking longer. Personally, I don't see why you'd want to go with your "second choice" just because the photos would be back to you sooner. I'd rather wait longer for the photographs I theoretically love than to have photos I theoretically don't love as much sooner. If all things were equal, sure go with the one who gets them back sooner. But it didn't sound like you liked the other photographer as much. The turn-around time would not be a deal breaker for me.
  • A lot of the photographers that I have looked at say 4-6 weeks for turn around time....
  • Most photographers will put a timeframe in their contract that is a worst case scenario.  You can usually expect to receive your photos in much less time than is outlined on paper, assuming your photographer stays on top of things.
    Photographer /// Filmmaker /// Married May 2, 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards