• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
November 2011 Weddings

BBC: 11/22/63 by Stephen King

Well, it looks like 11/22/63 by Stephen King is our next book.  Since this book is over 800 pages long, do you guys want to extend the reading date?  Is April 23 going to give us enough time?
image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: BBC: 11/22/63 by Stephen King

• I wouldn't mind extending the time just because I don't have a lot of time for reading.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • Yay. I didn't vote for this one but its definitely been on my "to read" list.
    I'm fine with moving the date a bit, or I'm fine with keeping it. I can probably finish it by April 23, but I definitely understand that lots of folks may not be able to so I'm good with whichever.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have time to read so Ill be done by then, but I have no problem with it being later since people, unlike myself, have lives.  Tongue out
    someecards.com - Sorry the America you fought for became a place that created a Justin Bieber movie
  • What if we extend it to April 30?  That gives everyone an extra week to read it and we end on a nice even month-end date.
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

• April 30 sounds good to me. Thats 3 days after we close on our house! (better get cracking on reading it before things get too crazy with the move!)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • April 30th sounds good to me. I've never read any Stephen King books so this will be new to me, and I have no idea what I'm getting into as far as the story, lol. But I'm up for the challenge!
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_bbc-112263-by-stephen-king?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:651Discussion:aa58b641-78ba-4463-a529-3e1867cc593cPost:c4568a06-44ee-4c84-bf65-5693fbda4ea5">Re: BBC: 11/22/63 by Stephen King</a>:
    [QUOTE]April 30th sounds good to me. I've never read any Stephen King books so this will be new to me, and I have no idea what I'm getting into as far as the story, lol. But I'm up for the challenge!
    Posted by fashionx[/QUOTE]

Back when I was in high school I used to love Stephen King.  (I still like him but I read other stuff now).  He is incredibly detailed, which is why his books are always so long. Good luck with your first one!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
  • It's my first SK book too!  I'm hoping I do OK with it.  My mom has it on her Kindle and is trying to figure out if she can loan it to me.
    image image image image

My Blog

Anniversary

• I haven't read most of the recent SK, but I've read a lot of the older ones. If you've never read him before, you should probably be aware that his language is frequently extremely vulgar.

I actually enjoy a lot of his books though, so I'm not trying to deter anyone. Just a heads up. :)
    Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2011-weddings_bbc-112263-by-stephen-king?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:651Discussion:aa58b641-78ba-4463-a529-3e1867cc593cPost:0232f72e-393c-4e4c-a64c-4aebce9957c5">Re: BBC: 11/22/63 by Stephen King</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's my first SK book too!  I'm hoping I do OK with it.  My mom has it on her Kindle and is trying to figure out if she can loan it to me.
    Posted by sessionswedding[/QUOTE]

Im fairly sure that it isn't lendable. Not positive though.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
  • This will be my first SK book too. I'm thinking I will be able to finish it in time, but April 30th sounds good. :) This should be interesting. 
    January 2013 Moms - February Siggy Challenge - My Valentine
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • edited April 2012
    Wish I had time to read this book by the 23d. My husband "read it" via audible while he works and said it was really good.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards