African American Weddings

bridal party songs for walking to the altar...

i'm thinking between "you" by jesse powell, "spend my life" tamia and eric benet, or kenny latimore "for you" ... (we're fairly young, 24 and 26, but i simply adore these songs) help me please!!!!

i'll be walking down to "i am for you" by lisa tucker (i heard this on the season finale of the game a few seasons back, when they got married and fell in love with it!)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bridal party songs for walking to the altar...

• IMO, those songs are more fitted for the bride to walk down the aisle....All of those songs are speaking directly to the couple and not the bridal party.

Unfortunately both my bridal party and I are walking down to instrumentals by Kenny G and I can't really think of any songs that would be better suited for the bridal party walk... sorry I'm no help with this..
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • my bp is walking down to a better me by keisha cole and i am walking down to i found love by bebe winans
  • i know it's more for a bridal entry, but it's preparing the mood i think!
  • Sorry I'm lost on this as well.  At first I thought the bridal party and myself would walk in to the same song but the FI insisted on me having my own song.  Sooooo... I'm back to square one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

• I just recently attended a wedding where the BP entered to Jesse Powell and it was pretty. I was not paying attention to the words bc the melody was so pretty for them to walk to. I think you have great song selections. I had actually had all of these in mind but FI said he's heard them too many times at weddings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Processional Music for Attendants: Trumpet Tune Henry Purcell
    Processional for Bride: Bridal Chorus (Lohengrin ) Richard Wagner

All organ music
  • Our Bridal Party is walking into If This World Was Mine.. it is classic and we both love this song!

I walking into the wedding march..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bridal party is walking to Angel by Robin Thicke and I'm walking to When I First Saw You by Jamie Foxx (FI's pick)
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Beauty by Dru Hill or an instrumental of "Nothing even matters"
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Our bridal party will be walking in to Ribbon In the Sky instrumental version.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bridal-party-songs-for-walking-to-the-altar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:0142d55d-88c1-4920-a88d-b471b851a19aPost:e2ffb461-6173-4d82-b374-71d49c38f7d9">Re: bridal party songs for walking to the altar...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bridal party is walking to Angel by Robin Thicke and I'm walking to <strong>When I First Saw You by Jamie Foxx (FI's pick)
    </strong>Posted by ejagers[/QUOTE]

I LOVE this song... I wanted to walk down to it as well.. but we went with Kenny G to get full use outta my sax player...lol
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm walking down to Ready for Love by India Arie...

I dont have a WP...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've decided to go non-traditional for my second wedding. I'm walking in to "Love On Top" by Beyonce'. I Love that song and think of my FI everytime I hear it. I don't have a wedding party but if I did I would probably go with somthing upbeat.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited March 2012

I am having my bridal party walk down the aisle to Shawn Stockman's "Visions of a Sunset" and I am walking down the aisle to a serenade from my husband of Bruno Mars' "Just The Way You Are"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards