• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

fall signature drink

is anyone else having fall themed signature drinks? we are doing apple cider margaritas as one. i would like to have another drink, maybe something not as sweet. i'm at loss for ideas though! 

Re: fall signature drink

• that actually sounds like a good idea- do you have a recipie by chance so I can try it out?

Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh do i! 

2.5 oz apple cider (this time of year i use simply apple, apple juice)
    2 oz. jose cuervo margarita mix
    1.5 oz. tequila (tortilla gold is cheap and really good bc u barely taste it!)

rim glass with brown sugar/cinnamon mixture instead of salt. not sure on the measurements i just mix it up til it looks good!

• We're having our family famous apple pie shots.

"Marinate" apple cider mulling spices in everclear (this can be left forever--the longer it stays in there the more infused the everclear becomes)
    Cut the everclear in half with apple cider to make the shots.
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_fall-signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:11cd6ba1-91b2-4a6d-917d-6ea1808bfc42Post:1340e843-388b-49ee-8736-16b84324cbc4">Re: fall signature drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having our family famous apple pie shots. "Marinate" apple cider mulling spices in everclear (this can be left forever--the longer it stays in there the more infused the everclear becomes) Cut the everclear in half with apple cider to make the shots.
    Posted by HarvestKarma[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>we're doing those for the bridal dance shots! except substituing vanilla vodka for everclear bc it isn't legal in PA. 
    </div>
  • We're having a drink made of apple cider, malibu rum and captain morgan. Doesn't sound great, but its SUPER tasty!
  • Our wedding is on the 29th so super close to Halloween which means we can get away with a bit of a Halloween kissed reception! Our cocktail will be called a "Vam-Pear" Bite which is basically Absolute Pears & cranberry juice. Loves it! 
    My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
  • I actually just got an email from my venue today about coming down to try out some signature cocktails. I was thinking we'd do a purple drink as our main colour is purple. But a fall choice would be great too!

I don't drink much (hate wine, champagne, beer, etc., so if I do drink, it's a really fruity cocktail that doesn't taste like alcohol), so I'm going to have apple cider in my champagne glass most of the night!
  • our sig drink is gonna be a pumpkin pie martini :) We're also going to be serving spatan octoberfest for all our beer drinkers... and getting apple cider from our local orchard to serve both during the reception and then at the end at our "to go" bar. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_fall-signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:650Discussion:11cd6ba1-91b2-4a6d-917d-6ea1808bfc42Post:fc67bb24-7129-4b3b-aedd-0f82a46d0008">Re: fall signature drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're also going to be serving spatan octoberfest for all our beer drinkers...
    Posted by phumen[/QUOTE]

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_fall-signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:11cd6ba1-91b2-4a6d-917d-6ea1808bfc42Post:1b363cd5-8c68-451d-8e11-4d0c3e11961b">Re: fall signature drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is on the 29th so super close to Halloween which means we can get away with a bit of a Halloween kissed reception! Our cocktail will be called a "Vam-Pear" Bite which is basically Absolute Pears & cranberry juice. Loves it! 
    Posted by scamberlous3000[/QUOTE]

<div>i just might have to steal this idea! ours is the 29th too but haven't incorporated anything halloween so this might be the ticket! thanks for sharing! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_fall-signature-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:650Discussion:11cd6ba1-91b2-4a6d-917d-6ea1808bfc42Post:8d33e2d7-4e53-44cb-bfe5-b65b5cdff732">Re: fall signature drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having a drink made of apple cider, malibu rum and captain morgan. Doesn't sound great, but its SUPER tasty!
    Posted by [email protected][/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>this sounds so good i'm afraid to try it! lol. does it have a name? oh i think i'm gonna have to go to the liquor store later lol

</div>
  • I want to try ALL of those drinks! 

October 2011 Siggy: Wedding Preview
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We arent having any hard liquor (venue rule) So just beer/wine and Im going to serve woodchuck as the signature drink.

Im toying with a "spiced apple cider punch" that is actually made with the woodchuck apple cider beer :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sandals Grande St. Lucia
  • I flipping LOVE hard cider! 
    My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
  • i didn't want all the 'special' drinks to be apple based but apple cider margaritas, apple pie shots and hard apple cider......sounds like a good time to me! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards