Wedding Etiquette Forum

Mornin Ya'll

Happy Friday! How is everyone doing today? Any weekend plans to share?

Re: Mornin Ya'll

• Good Morning!

We are off to a Builders Auction tomorrow so we need to be at 3 AM.  I am around for a litle bit putting some stuff together, but ...GAH 3 AM?!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good morning!

I am so glad it is Friday! WHOO!

No weekend plans here. H is on call and most likely will be at work the majority of the weekend. That means I will be at home all alone relaxing and finding things to do. I might hang out at the pool for a bit tomorrow. All of our friends back home are going camping this weekend, so we are both bummed that we can't go.
  • cfaz, it was your birthday yesterday? Well, gosh darn it, happy birthday!

Duds, you're so cute.

Amrs! Good to see you out and about!

I'm up, it's Friday, and I'm a happy camper.

Baby Liam TURNS ONE YEAR OLD THIS WEEKEND! So, I'm celebrating him all weekend. More than usual, even. :)
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Good morning!  I have a 4 day weekend.  FI and I are going to get our marriage license today, and getting our international driver's licenses for our honeymoon... plus a meeting with the DJ.  Then I work at the restaurant tonight - full day.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mornin-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d155176-68e0-4f3f-a49c-e9faca025efcPost:77eefbfc-e876-4ad9-a6e6-c00f7c5cc3ac">Re: Mornin Ya'll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Dudley! I was literally just about to create a 'good morning' post. My morning is good. <strong>My FI brought me flowers yesterday for my birthday so I'm a great mood. :-)
    </strong>Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Don't you just love that? I got off work last Friday, and when I got to my car and opened my door.. DH had left a single red rose sitting on the driver seat for me. =)
  • Loopy, where are you going that you need a special license?  Most countries just require a valid US license.
  • That is sweet Duds... How is it that flowers brighten any day up :).
  • We are going to Italy - do we not need one there? That would save us time and $$
  • I forgot what it's like to have a weekend with nothing to do. I miss those. Even when I THINK we have nothing to do? Something always comes up. ALWAYS.

But winter is definitely on it's way, so that will all change. We're supposed to have a high today in the low 60's. It was definitely in the 40's last night.

IM NOT READY TO SAY GOODBYE TO SUMMER. :(

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mornin-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d155176-68e0-4f3f-a49c-e9faca025efcPost:f67f8932-4bac-439f-a287-ba156c4e81d2">Re: Mornin Ya'll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Duds, you're so cute. Baby Liam TURNS ONE YEAR OLD THIS WEEKEND! So, I'm celebrating him all weekend. More than usual, even. :)
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Aw spanks Fishy =) You're pretty darn cute yourself, along with that handsome little nephew of yours.
  • The travel agent (and a few websites) say we need one in order to rent a car in Italy.
  • H and I certainly never had one when we went there.

Just checked w/H and he said to confirm with the car rental place, but he's never heard of that for Italy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mornin-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d155176-68e0-4f3f-a49c-e9faca025efcPost:0edbd352-0224-4900-9efe-ce42eb655a10">Re: Mornin Ya'll</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is sweet Duds... How is it that flowers brighten any day up :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

It really does!
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mornin-yall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5d155176-68e0-4f3f-a49c-e9faca025efcPost:dd96c334-920b-4e8e-bef9-b7cb9554adae">Re: Mornin Ya'll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I forgot what it's like to have a weekend with nothing to do. I miss those. Even when I THINK we have nothing to do? Something always comes up. ALWAYS. But winter is definitely on it's way, so that will all change. We're supposed to have a high today in the low 60's. It was definitely in the 40's last night. IM NOT READY TO SAY GOODBYE TO SUMMER. :(
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Yea the weather here has drastically changed already just this week. It was in the 90's on Monday and Tuesday, then Wed,and Thur were in the 80's, and now the weekend is supposed to be in the 70's. We aren' supposed to exceed like low 80's from here on out.
  • Good morning!!

Tomorrow we're making chili in the crockpot for college football... today I have some shopping to do and I'm taking H's car in for an oil change / tire rotation. Whee!

Now that the wedding is over, I am actually happy to bring on fall weather. It's supposed to be 65 degrees here today and tomorrow and I am very excited about it. Jeans and hoodies!
  • I know, LTB! It SUCKS.

Golf league even starts earlier next week because we were golfing in the dark by 830 last week.

It makes me want. to. CRY.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Now I'm surfing about driving in Italy...
    The US Embassy site says the US and Italy have no reciprocal agreement regarding drivers' licenses and americans intending to drive in Italy should get an International license.  
    You can get them at AAA for $15 plus the cost of a passport photo.  The application is basic too.  We'll probably just cover our bases.
  • Huh, well look at that  They never even asked us for an International license, just always accepted our US/Aussie ones..who knew.  Although we also found that sometimes in Europe, as long as you are paying them, they just don't really care.

Driving License Regulations
    Italy recognises driving licenses and other traffic documents that are valid in other countries. U.S. and Canadian driving licenses are valid in Italy but the license must be accompanied by a translation or an international license (check your local AAA in USA or CAA in Canada). For motorists not in possession of an International Driving license, the ACI (Automobile Club d'Italia) will issue a declaration upon presentation of a U.S. or a Canadian license. The declaration is obtainable at any ACI offices. Seat belts are compulsory in Italy.

• cfaszews- I love fall too. All the things you said - pumpkin pie, fall colors, apples, Halloween, and my birthday is a week before Halloween. And yaay for your wedding!! We used fall colors for our flowers but wanted to have ours while the weather was still definitely warm. In Michigan, I've seen it snow in September so we didn't want to take any chances. LOL!
  • Cfas - where in Italy are you going?  We are staying North, flying into Milan then heading for Lake Como, Mont Blanc, the Rivierra, then Venice back to Milan before we leave.
  • I definitely don't hate FALL, necessarily. I love fall, assuming that we GET a fall.

Our fall season is really short. We go from like...beautiful weather to snow, typically.

And? I will wear my ON flip flops until it snows. Belee' dat.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Love Fall - and OMG - Hershey's came out with a new flavor of Hershey's Kiss (at least I've never seen it before) - Caramel Apple.  The caramel inside really tastes like apple too.  Best thing I've tasted in a long time... They were really good - and made me ready for fall... 
  • CFAS -We will be there for 2 weeks!  I am so excited.  No work, time with FI... a new place to explore :)

LTB - The board bars are definitely missing on the left.  Have been for a while now.
  • CFAS, you are going to need more than one day in Florence.  We were there for two and a half and still missed a whole bunch.  See if you can buy entrance tickets on-line to what you want to see, that should save some time in ines.
  • Oh, and for those going to Italy, when/if you go  the churches, remember that most require shoulders, mid-drift, and knees to be covered.  The places we went were serious enough about it that we wished we could stick around for summer to see all the tourists being told to cover up.
  • cfas, Amoro is really the one to speak to about Florence, it is her favorite city. 

But as far as leather jackets go, you are going to have about 2000 places to chose from.  The smell of fresh leather just wafts out onto the streets. 

Places on the must see list:
    The Duomo
    The Ponte Vecchio
    And for the life of me I can't remember the name of the Piazza that the Uffizi Gallery is on...

oh there is just so much.

And if your in Florence, take the time to drive to Pisa.  It's only about 1.5 hours away.
  • Morning everyone! :)

I concur on Duds being cute and on being sad that summer is coming to an end.  I do love fall (pumpkin pie and candy apples, yes please) and then I love Christmas so it's not all bad.

LTB your engagement pic is so cute!  Do you have more?

I wanna go to Europe.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Good Morning everyone! Wow, Fishy, can't believe Liam is a year old already!!

H& I leave for our honeymoon tomorrow! Can't wait!  We're pretty much packed and I just need to do some cleaning tonight when I get home! We are SO ready for this trip!
    Crosswalk
  • Gooood morning, E!! I'm off to Miami today for the weekend. A very good friend- in fact, the woman responsible for me meeting Mr Panda for the first time- is getting married down there  tomorrow and I am SO happy for her! I can not WAIT! I just gotta get through the work week.

Oh and on the flip flop issue- I am so with Fishy on this one: I will wear them until my feet turn blue. Someday I will move to Maui and wear them all the time. That is my goal.
  • I cannot believe that Liam will be ONE YEARS OLD. That's crazysauce.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards