Chit Chat

Anyone used Trinessa birth control?

I desperatly need to change my birth control-cramps waking me up at 5am is unacceptable. Has anyone used Trinessa before? Each week is a different hormone dosage. I've been on a .25 Sprintec for about 2 years. What changes did you notice-good and bad? Thanks, ladies :)
Have a wonderful Super Bowl Sunday! 

Re: Anyone used Trinessa birth control?

• I have an appt. in a few weeks for my yearly, she'll have no problem writing the script, just want other people's opinions :) And it's the only other $9 BC at Kroger lol, very slim pickin's.
  • Your doctor probably can give you this information. I would take your doctors advice over the advice of random internet stragners.
  • Every woman is going to have a different reaction to that drug.   Someone else's experience with it will have absolutely no bearing on whether or not it will work for you. Obviously your doctor will look at the issues you are having (cramping) and then look at the different hormonal make-up of the two drugs.   Maybe you need a higher dosage drug?  Or lower dosage?  This is something only a doctor can tell you.  Then, if she does change your prescription, the only way you'll know how it affects you is to try it. 
    DSC_9275
  • You can get opinions forever and get nothing of substance from it.  If 10 women came in here who have been on Trinessa, you'd probably hear 3 of them say OHMYGOD I LOVED IT SO MUCH IT WAS THE BEST BIRTH CONTROL EVER! 2 say "it was fine", 2 say "I FRICKING HATED THAT PILL IT'S THE DEVIL!" 1 say "I was on it and I hated it but I hate all hormonal birth control, have you tried natural family planning?" 1 say "I liked Nuva Ring better" and 1 say "I got pregnant on it, so it doesn't work."

See how helpful that was?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_anyone-used-trinessa-birth-control?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:6c48ac72-c3a9-4a3f-9a6a-0a9f9e37963bPost:32d99f08-e1fd-42ec-8803-995c22bece38">Re: Anyone used Trinessa birth control?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone used Trinessa birth control? : I'm sorry but this is your health and a pill you take every.single.day.  Don't base what you want to take on price. Talk to your doctor and go from there.  If she says Trinessa is good for you, great!  If not, maybe she can give you some samples to get you started of what she prescribes to help offset your costs.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

This.

I was on Trinessa because it was one of the only $12 pills I could find (I don't have insurance). I gained weight and felt bloated and crampy all the time. I found a way to get a different pill for $25 a month with a manufacturer's coupon, but even if I had to pay $60, I would do it because this pill makes me feel like a human again. :)

GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Some people think that Loestrin FE is THEBESTBIRTHCONTROLEVAAARRR!!!

Yeah, it gave me debilitating migraines.  I'm back on Ortho Tricyclen and am pretty happy with it.  I happily pay the $40 a month for it because I feel good and a baby is way more expensive.

Talk to your doctor.  Find a pill that works for you.  No matter how many people love it or hate it, your body will react the way it does and no one can predict.

EDIT: Oh, and to follow up on JK and ward off the inevitable NuvaRing love - NuvaRing is the exact same hormones as the pill, it is just administered differently.  NuvaRing is not magic.
  • I'm currently on Trinessa because my insurance only covers generics. I was on Ortho-Tricyclen before that (Which Trinessa is considered the generic for). Personally, I like it, I've done fine on it, can't tell the difference between it and the regular Ortho.

But like PP said, what works for one person might not work for somebody else. And personally, I would not put something into my body every single day that I felt like crap on just because it was "cheap". If you try it and it works, that's great! But if it turns you into a monster or makes you feel sick all of the time, you really need to get back to the doctor and switch to something that's a better fit.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• But Joy, anything you shove up your hooha should TOTALLY be considered magical!!!!!!!!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_anyone-used-trinessa-birth-control?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:6c48ac72-c3a9-4a3f-9a6a-0a9f9e37963bPost:5c96cd1c-f8ef-4a32-b95a-31a696f74510">Re: Anyone used Trinessa birth control?</a>:
    [QUOTE]But Joy, anything you shove up your hooha should TOTALLY be considered magical!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    ha!  I totally just spit my water out over this.

Also, I love your new sig photo.  You're so purty.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_anyone-used-trinessa-birth-control?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:6c48ac72-c3a9-4a3f-9a6a-0a9f9e37963bPost:5c96cd1c-f8ef-4a32-b95a-31a696f74510">Re: Anyone used Trinessa birth control?</a>:
    [QUOTE]But Joy, anything you shove up your hooha should TOTALLY be considered magical!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there's a penis joke in here but I am so not able to come up with right now :-)

Hi pretty lady!
  • Bahaha :)

Thanks for the sig pic love!

• Like the PP said, NO ONE here can tell you how YOU will react to this BCP. Only you will know that, after trying it. Asking here for others' opinions is futile. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards