African American Weddings

NWR (or maybe it is) - Getting your credit right

If you're checking your credit report once a year, you're making a HUGE mistake.
You should be checking your report once a month because the "big three" don't give an eff about you.

Collection companies are buying/selling your accounts (no matter how old they are) to each other. Even if the account is paid off, these companies will find a way to make them appear delinquent.

Also make sure they are licensed to do business in your state. Contact your Atty General to see if XYZ Collections from another state is able to go after you in your state. Oftentimes, they are not licensed.

And a word about NCO Financial....FAIL! lol This company had to pay a million in damages for false claims and harassment. Remember, these fools aren't supposed to be cussing you out or making threats over the phone. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU OWE.

Right now I am working with a lady out of Orlando to help my FI and I REMOVE invalid debts from our reports. We might be owed some money! I mean CA-CHING MONEY!

Google Regina Littles if you need her to educate you about credit. She believes in "teaching a wo/man how to fish, if you know what I mean. Tell her Ty sent ya. She's good!
January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*

Re: NWR (or maybe it is) - Getting your credit right

• edited December 2011
    My people perish from a lack of knowledge....
    Hosea 4: 6 (KJV)

I'm guessing everyone is at lunch...but I posted the same message on another site (where the majority of brides are caucasian), and received serveral replies.
    January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
    Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*
  • edited December 2011
    I don't "knot" at work so I am just seeing this post. It is great information. Thanks for sharing. I subscribe to a monthly reporting service and have caught one error that to me, makes it worth it. Good luck to you and your FI in your efforts...
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the information.. I make it a habit to check once a year, but I totally agree with what you said about selling old accounts... I had a personal issue with NCO Financial and it was crazy, so I am definitely being more proactive in getting my credit straight and accurate...Thanks for the info.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely thanking you for the info !!
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Very great information!!!! Thanks so much!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. I also subscribe to a monthly monoriting service and I stay on it.LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards