Wedding Party

Gifts for Bridal Party

I believe I have my girl's gifts picked out, but the groomsmen we are having an issue with....can we buy them wine or their favorite scotch or something like that and not be tacky?? one of his groomsmen doesn't drink liquor, only wine on occasion, doesn't carry a wallet or a money clip, doesn't smoke....his gf told me what his favorite wine was....but I have no idea what to do for the guys

Re: Gifts for Bridal Party

• For everyone in the BP, it is best to approach the gifts as though you are shopping for their birthday.  If you have a wine guy, then wine would be fine.  If you have a scotch guy, get him a bottle of scotch.  Don't try to find one type of gift to fit everyone though.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_gifts-for-bridal-party-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:c2f627f0-3a5c-44e6-ab00-5dc4ab24e56aPost:e965a7fd-0e2b-4ba6-a10d-53c582281e1f">Re: Gifts for Bridal Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]For everyone in the BP, it is best to approach the gifts as though you are shopping for their birthday.  If you have a wine guy, then wine would be fine.  If you have a scotch guy, get him a bottle of scotch.  Don't try to find one type of gift to fit everyone though.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

Ditto
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That sounds fine, as long as you tailor what you pick to each guy's tastes. FI did this as well. He bought each of his GM a bottle of their favorite liquor and for his brother, who doesn't drink, he got him a watch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards