African American Weddings

flower shock

was suprised that my florist charged 722.00 for this bouquet wth!

282.00 it is

Re: flower shock

• I am too! It's beautiful though. What type of flowers are those?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_flower-shock?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:8ee7993f-c097-4d01-b5c1-060f98aec5e0Post:6a23f3b3-9dcf-42af-a7e9-81f2efb45125">Re: flower shock</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am too! It's beautiful though. What type of flowers are those?
    Posted by ymw6110[/QUOTE]
    gardenias and roses
  • I never really found out how much the individual bouquets or centerpieces were, I just looked for the total amount of everything we wanted.

However, depending on the flower, it can be expensive. Also, if you are looking to save money, try to choose flowers that are in season.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG That first bouquet is almost my entire wedding floral budget! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, that is outrageous.  They are beautiful but not worth either price.  Can it be created with flowers that will be in season at the time of your wedding?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_flower-shock?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:8ee7993f-c097-4d01-b5c1-060f98aec5e0Post:c9d1ff67-bbee-4d6c-a481-021292b8d5d1">Re: flower shock</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never really found out how much the individual bouquets or centerpieces were, I just looked for the total amount of everything we wanted. However, depending on the flower, it can be expensive. Also, if you are looking to save money, try to <strong>choose flowers that are in season.
    </strong>Posted by 2010Bride2be[/QUOTE]

This, this , this
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Gardenias are not a flower that I recommend for your bouquet. They bruise so easily that they won't withstand the wear and tear of the day without being banged up!!!  They will definitely be brown in about 30 minuutes.  You don't want brown flowers in your wedding photos. 

White hydrangea or peonies will also give you the same look as gardenias and be a lot more durable.  

My bouquet retailed for about $300.  The  flowers were different varieties of orchids and lilies with a few roses for accent.  Thankfully my BFF is a florist.  :)    

Anniversary
  • $722???? WTH????  The bouquet is beautiful, but really, $722??  My pockets can't afford it.  The second bouquet is pretty too and more affordable :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Holy cats! I was almost starting to reconsider my decision to DIY a non-floral bouquet.... and then I saw this. :) Decision reaffirmed.
  • wow the first bouquet is more than my floral budget...its pretty but not woth that much imo....this what my bouquet looks like and im pay $120 for it

image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards