Virginia-Richmond
Options

Free Engagment Pictures locations

Does anyone have any ideas about where I can take a few informal engagement pictures in Richmond.  Even though I am having a student photographer taking my pics for pretty much free, Maymont and Lewis Ginter still want to charge a fee. 

Looking for anywhere with scenic views, flowers, etc.... in Richmond or surrounding areas.

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks!

Re: Free Engagment Pictures locations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to do ours at U of R.

Maybe Belle Isle?  I haven't actually seen it in person though because I'm a wuss and wouldn't walk over the bridge.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the Belle Isle idea.  If you're a water person, the views of the river are up-close and gorgeous.  If you're more of a forest person, just turn around on the spot and have your photographer take a few shots of the trees behind you.  There are also numerous bridges and artifacts from the Civil War all around the island.  We love it there - wouldn't take our pictures anywhere else. 

Maymont is fabulous (we got engaged there), but they would charge you to breathe the air if they could.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just took ours last week around the civil war visitor center that is between browns island and the belle isle bridge. check out theinspireddesignblog.com. its the brittany and matt post!
  • Options
    C&VTC&VT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia-richmond_engagment-pictures-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:607Discussion:98624d19-4f43-4572-8f08-40098fde08aaPost:20bc2fdd-3f30-4761-a997-bca752ebec8e">Re: Free Engagment Pictures locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just took ours last week around the civil war visitor center that is between browns island and the belle isle bridge. check out theinspireddesignblog.com. its the brittany and matt post!
    Posted by schwoebr[/QUOTE]

your shots are beautiful & we might have to crib the locale from you.
    Best wishes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think pictures in and around Carytown or the VCU campus would be great.  And I know it might sound weird, but Hollywood Cemetary has some beautiful places for pictures.  Near the monuments on Monument Ave or in Shockoe Bottom... there are lots of free places :D

• Options
    C&VTC&VT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're transplant NoVa ppl & are quite impressed with the many & varied "free" pictureques locale in & around Richmond.

special & 1 of a kind for sure that you can't anywhere else.
    Any look for any style one is going for is outside our doors!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards