Snarky Brides

If you're going to flame someone..

1235»

Re: If you're going to flame someone..

• Ha! I didn't know it had a name and everything. Now I feel all spayshul. And no, not special like that, OP, so don't get your panties all in a twist.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:fe95dd46-678b-46d0-be21-e5d5363f8bb5">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Just because I'm on a roll, it's not a fuc#ing duckface.</strong>  That is my face from the side, nothing else, no kissy faces or anything.  F off!
    Posted by mewebster59[/QUOTE]

Duckfaces don't roll...the bills/lips get in the way.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:a37d0855-d8ac-4c6c-bdca-74cc8982f0bc">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you're going to flame someone.. : Duckfaces don't roll...the bills/lips get in the way.
    Posted by lisarose7[/QUOTE]

<div>This visual is amazing.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well howdy girls!

Ready for the Jenny swoop? 

OP - you're a tool. 
    Mewebster, you're nearly as bad.  But not quite.  Just annoying. 

And everyone else FTW.
  • I'm not even going to bother feeding the troll. If you believe me to be an asshat, so be it. I'd rather be an asshat than a person someone like you respects.
  • I work with individuals with developmental disabilities and have for the past 10 years. I know a lot of people use the r-word in their everyday language and certainly don't intend for it to be disrespectful but I'm telling you no matter how you mean it, it's still extremely hurtful to the population. It's still a very raw, sore spot for many people with DD. Some of my participants have flashbacks and nightmares about growing up constantly being treated despicably and being told they are worthless and being called the r-word, even by their own family. As kids, some were even institutionalized because of their diagnosis, which to this day is still officially called Mental Retardation. So even medically, it's a stigma they can't shake. I'm not trying to sound preachy but saw this post and thought it was the perfect time to "spread the word to end the word" so please, if you use this word for any reason, take a minute to think about how negative and derogatory it is and consider pledging to stop using it at www.r-word.org/

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:ab7b8568-e761-448e-b534-13aca4687514">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I work with individuals with developmental disabilities and have for the past 10 years. I know a lot of people use the r-word in their everyday language and certainly don't intend for it to be disrespectful but I'm telling you no matter how you mean it, it's still extremely hurtful to the population. It's still a very raw, sore spot for many people with DD.<strong> Some of my participants</strong> have flashbacks and nightmares about growing up constantly being treated despicably and being told they are worthless and being called the r-word, even by their own family. As kids, some were even institutionalized because of their diagnosis, which to this day is still officially called Mental Retardation. So even medically, it's a stigma they can't shake. I'm not trying to sound preachy but saw this post and thought it was the perfect time to "spread the word to end the word" so please, if you use this word for any reason, take a minute to think about how negative and derogatory it is and consider pledging to stop using it at  <a href="http://www.r-word.org/" rel="nofollow">www.r-word.org/</a>
    <p>Posted by rainedrop6[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Are you doing a study on DD (thus the usage of the term, 'participants')?</p>
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:bf276c7d-b456-4e46-9b8b-d5d5fe9b7805">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my sister is autistic. I beg of you, if the subject is autism, how else should I describe her except as "my autistic sister"? Shall I use a code word? Mostly, she is "my sister", but if we're on the subject, I'm not going to pretend everything's 100% normal. It's no better for her than anybody else. Last I checked, autism is a diagnosis, not an offensive term.
    Posted by Piru[/QUOTE]
    <p> </p><p>Not to channel the crazy political correctness that is the OP, but I believe that the correct usage of the term would be, 'my sister who has autism' (eg. autism is one component of your sister's health) rather than, 'my autistic sister' (eg. your sister is completely defined by her autism). I have heard a similar rationale before for why the usage of the term is inappropriate... and I guess, upon reflection, I have arthritis and my H has diabetes, yet it'd be fairly rare for us to use the terms, 'my arthritic/diabetic spouse' as a description, however it's common for diagnoses to be used in this way when it comes to developmental issues like autism and in some mental health conditions... and that could be insulting to some individuals who feel that they are being unfairly defined by their diagnosis, thus the emphasis on semantics. </p><p> </p><p>I do think, though, that in the forum of a wedding board, the usage (or lack thereof) of the politically correct term for referring to people who received a particular diagnosis is rather irrelevant so long as the conversation is respectful. </p>
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:c1d712b6-4998-4aee-ba3e-fd9904b22855">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you're going to flame someone.. :   Are you doing a study on DD (thus the usage of the term, 'participants')?
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

No, that's what the individuals I work with prefer to be called in relation to my job.

P.S. Great explanation on the person centered language, that's exactly the reasoning.
  • Work sort of work do you do? I'm intrigued by the use of participants over, say, clients!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:79cf49c1-2428-414c-8fb3-0f95867bc3df">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL, gay. Yes because camo is a marker of intelligence. Keep talking. You are moving up the idiot scale really fast! Why don't you post under your regular SN?
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Ricksang - I think I have a crush on you.  I must go to Fleet Farm and buy some camo now.  Does that make me r-tarded? or gay?

I know that I will probably get ripped a new on for this post, but you snarky brides are just so funny. It was hard not to join in with you beotches.
  • How annoying.  However, I find it interesting that people choose what to get offended about.  Some girl called herself OCD on here a while back and everyone jumped on her bc "my mom has OCD and its a real disease" and all that.  Of course she meant it as - "I'm super organized and things annoy me when they are not perfectly organized"

too much focus on the lingo and not the content.
    BFP#1 10/30/2011,MC 12/4/2011 9w2d,BFP#2 3/6/2012,m/c 4/18/2012 9w1d D&E 4/18/2012 BFP#3 8/12/2012 EDD 4/25/2013 Stick baby!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:bbb6f636-35c6-46bf-a532-d2f7d469aa11">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]How annoying.  However, I find it interesting that people choose what to get offended about.  Some girl called herself OCD on here a while back and everyone jumped on her bc "my mom has OCD and its a real disease" and all that.  Of course she meant it as - "I'm super organized and things annoy me when they are not perfectly organized" too much focus on the lingo and not the content.
    Posted by hugz415[/QUOTE]
    i hate it when people claim to be OCD when really they are just anal and need to chill out and quit being a control freak.i know this one controlling chick (that looks a lot like thesunisinherhead) who i want to face punch every time she calls herself OCD. she is my best friend's other best friend so i can't pretend she doesn't exist. grr.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:20933d2f-22e2-411a-a007-d3f873daa56a">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you're going to flame someone.. : Ricksang - I think I have a crush on you.  I must go to Fleet Farm and buy some camo now.  Does that make me r-tarded? or gay? I know that I will probably get ripped a new on for this post, but you snarky brides are just so funny. It was hard not to join in with you beotches.
    Posted by jollcm18[/QUOTE]

It makes you a little gay but that's okay, so am I! :P
  • yall r funny...
    until joining this site asshat and twatwaffel were not in my vocabulary but now.........i have decided i shall use those words just to amuse myself...and this whole retard thing confuses me...

i don't give a poop how the word is used...now i wouldn't go up to a retarded person and be like "wow, you are an incredibly disgusting retarded excuse of a human being" now that is offensive.

aye chihuahua reading all 5pgs of this is forcing me to now go and have a beer!
    and what is wrong with camo??? my dog kinda looks camo colored except grey and black...dose that make him retarded?

have a splendid day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:6a40e94c-2ea0-4564-8f56-84f836c1069d">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]yall r funny... until joining this site asshat and twatwaffel were not in my vocabulary but now.........i have decided i shall use those words just to amuse myself...and this whole retard thing confuses me... i don't give a poop how the word is used...now i wouldn't go up to a retarded person and be like "wow, you are an incredibly disgusting retarded excuse of a human being" now that is offensive. aye chihuahua reading all 5pgs of this is forcing me to now go and have a beer! and what is wrong with camo??? my dog kinda looks camo colored except grey and black...dose that make him retarded? have a splendid day!
    Posted by jelique7[/QUOTE]
    Are you drunk?
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I work as a nurse on a cardiac floor.  When we get a patient in with mental retardation (which is the actual medical terminology that is appropriate to use) we say "MR" short for Mental Retardation, followed by: profound, severe, mild, etc. in our shift to shift report.

Sorry, if that offends you, but that is how it usually goes.  Didn't mean to burst your bubble, but nobody is saying it to be rude or belittling or making fun of said individuals. 

When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things must happen: There will be something solid for us to stand on, or we will be taught to fly. -Patrick Overton
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:6a40e94c-2ea0-4564-8f56-84f836c1069d">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]yall r funny... until joining this site asshat and twatwaffel were not in my vocabulary but now.........i have decided i shall use those words just to amuse myself...and this whole retard thing confuses me... i don't give a poop how the word is used...now i wouldn't go up to a retarded person and be like "wow, you are an incredibly disgusting retarded excuse of a human being" now that is offensive. aye chihuahua reading all 5pgs of this is forcing me to now go and have a beer! and what is wrong with camo??? my dog kinda looks camo colored except grey and black...dose that make him retarded? have a splendid day!
    Posted by jelique7[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you saying?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_going-flame-someone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0dee1198-8106-4061-976c-e49ad10f39d8Post:75ef4aa0-cf3a-4a6a-b92f-bf6a5958261a">Re: If you're going to flame someone..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you're going to flame someone.. : i hate it when people claim to be OCD when really they are just anal and need to chill out and quit being a control freak.i know this one controlling chick (that looks a lot like thesunisinherhead) who i want to face punch every time she calls herself OCD. she is my best friend's other best friend so i can't pretend she doesn't exist. grr.
    <p>Posted by SarahSmile23[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>I'm sad that my looks double is so annoying!</p>
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    she is awful. just awful. haha! i should find a pic of her for you.

(she is one of those people who grew up filthy rich and has never had to be responsible before. she lives in a 3 story townhome daddy bought her, drives a brand new acura daddy bought her, refuses to wear her designer clothes more than 3 times each...you get the picture! the good news is that my bff has recently realized what a crappy person this chick is and is planning to drift apart for her.)
  • ok, i'm going to post a few random pics of her for you. let me know after you see them and then i'll delete them. :) you guys don't look like twins, and she's a redhead, but there are a lot of your pics that remind me of her!

• Actually I think you might have posted one before? I think it's all in the eyes! She's prettier than I am (damn her!). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards