Wedding Party

Ideas for incorporating wedding color into WP look?

My BMs and MOH will be wearing black dresses and carrying bouquets of green flowers. I'd really like to add a subtle layer of green somewhere else in their look but am coming up empty on ideas. I thought of green colored ballet flats but 2 of the girls didn't care for that idea since they're on the shorter side and wanted to wear heels. It's going to be a summer wedding so wraps really wouldn't be neccessary or wanted. Would something like green beaded bracelets seem lame? Any other ideas would be much appreciated!
TIA,
Julie
My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011

Re: Ideas for incorporating wedding color into WP look?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ideas-incorporating-wedding-color-wp-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b355b933-6af7-4111-9335-23e0f88f3781Post:ce77ea3b-2728-4975-a67d-854e73106fd5">Ideas for incorporating wedding color into WP look?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My BMs and MOH will be wearing black dresses and carrying bouquets of green flowers. I'd really like to add a subtle layer of green somewhere else in their look but am coming up empty on ideas. I thought of green colored ballet flats but 2 of the girls didn't care for that idea since they're on the shorter side and wanted to wear heels. It's going to be a summer wedding so wraps really wouldn't be neccessary or wanted. Would something like green beaded bracelets seem lame? Any other ideas would be much appreciated! TIA, Julie
    Posted by phillychica85[/QUOTE]

<div>What about a green sash or wrap? Or a green hair flower? Otherwise, I think green flowers are enough. Even green shoes of any type would add a pop of green.</div>
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What about a necklace and matching earrings with a little green in them?
    Anniversary
  • If you want them in green shoes, just let them pick their own. It would give the same pop of color as a ballet flat, no matter what type of shoe.

• Depending on how their hair will be done, you could also go for slim green headbands. You can get satin or beaded ones and either suits a summery look. 

Personally, I would mix it up, so some BMs could wear ballet flats, others heels in the same colour, others could do the green through jewellery or hair pieces, etc.  But then I'm not in to exactly matching BMs, so it depends on your preferences ... :-)

• What about a sash or maybe some green flowers in their hair if they're into that idea?
  • Why can't they all just wear a pair of green shoes of their choosing? The shoes do not need to match exactly.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • edited April 2010
    I saw some really pretty headbands on Etsy.com, you can find just about any color.  And I agree with green shoes, any style.  I'm rather short, and so I don't care for flats either when wearing dresses.  I understand where they're coming from.  I've seen some really awesome green heels.  Or a sash around their waist.  How about a little shrug?  It can be short sleeved, so the girls won't burn up.  http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=3001601&currentIdx=6&subCategory=-49998498%257c3001464%257c3001601&catentryId=6142369&sort=  Something like this, maybe?
  • Why not just tell them to pick any accessory in your shade of green?  They'll probably be a bit happier if they have some choice in the matter, and you can always retain veto power. 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • what about a double hem with the under layer green? its pretty simple to add to a dress, or put it on a half slip so it peeks out under the hem, or a crinoline or somethin. otherwise i would go for a sash or hair ribbons or something to summerize the black dresses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards