Connecticut

Please help! E-pic locations?

Anyone know of a good location for December Engagement pictures?
I am looking for a downtown type setting that will be decorated for christmas but still have a lot of character. We are going to be doing our shoot around dusk to accentuate all the lights. I was thinking maybe downtown Westport. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Please help! E-pic locations?

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh at first when you said "downtown" I thought you meant city-type. But it sounds like more of a town feel with character?  Not sure how far you want to travel but Guilford has an awesome Green with all the stores around it, which I'm sure will be decorated nice. 
  • edited December 2011
    We did ours in SoNo near the Martime Center (we also did some inside there also).  The outdoor ones came out really cool with some of the old buildings in the area.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Constitution Plaza is awesome in the winter. It's in Hartford, I don't know where you are. It's city if that's what you're looking for, but it's in an area with good old architecture as well. GL!  Everything has wreaths and white lights.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Downtown New Haven over on Chapel Street looks amazing all lit up. Its like a European Village.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_please-e-pic-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:e659b1e6-90fb-44c1-af3c-b56e09689275Post:e7e4a45a-e892-4bdc-8558-b67969ecf03a">Re: Please help! E-pic locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did ours in SoNo near the Martime Center (we also did some inside there also).  The outdoor ones came out really cool with some of the old buildings in the area.
    Posted by foozzle[/QUOTE]

Was going to suggest downtown Sono! It is always decorated nice & festive around that time!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    New Haven is decorated so pretty in December, especially the green.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I love going to see the lights at Hubbard Park in Meriden around Christmas time so pretty!

We did our e-pics at Southford Falls in the summer time, but I'm sure the park is equally as gorgeous with a fresh snowfall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards