Arizona-Phoenix

Check one off my list!!

We met with a photographer last night and we decided to go with her! I just have to send the contact back over to her!!

One more thing to check off my list!! Yeah!!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Check one off my list!!

• alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hooray!  Congrats - that is next on my list to do!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! It always feels good to get a big check! Who did you end up booking with?
    Photobucket
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Marissa-
    Who are you going with, Kara?  What about cake?  Did you go to the open house last night?  So excited! Also, have you thought about how you are going to decorate the aisle? Or are you going to keep it simple with just the flowers down the floor?  So much to decide!  I can't wait for my first meeting! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Ivy Harding (www.picchickonline.com). Weabsolutly LOVE her. She has a great personality and her pictures are beautiful. She has amazing packages too and you can tell that she really cares about capturing all your moments. I totally got the vibe that she loves her work.
    After we met with her there was no question in our mind that she was going to be the one we wanted. I know she will capture our personalities (we are both goofy)! She even offered to help throughout the day if we needed any little things taken care of. She's a gem!
    I also just found out today that one of my sorority sisters used her for her wedding and loved her as well. I am so glad we booked her! Can you tell? I'm gushing! lol...
    It is just a HUGE relief for me to find her though. We are on a SUPER tight budget and while we didn't want to have crappy pictures, we also couldn't afford a lot of photographers. I feel so blessed to find someone that I loved the work of and that I can afford.
    I feel like I can relax on my planning for a bit now that I have photographer checked off my list! Yay!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and @applemarie! I didn't answer any of your questions! Sorry!! We didn't go with Kara for photography. I just didn't vibe with her and she only guarenteed 100 pictures which didn't seem like much. Don't get me wrong, she seems great, but just not the right fit for us.
    I wasn't at the open house last night. I went a few months ago when I booked. I do want to bring my bridesmaids to one soon though so they can check it out so I will probably be at one soon.
    As for the asile, I am not sure? I can tell you that I loved that room the way it was done during the open house I atteneded. I literally turned the corner from outside, saw what it looked like, and almost cried. That's when I knew I had to book that venue - totally cheesy! I am thinking about pomanders (or however it's spelled) hanging from the chairs in the asile? Not totally sure though?
    I can't wait for my first meeting with Kim either! Yay!! :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You sound so excited Marissa!! You are making me smile!!!
    Yeah I love the pomanders idea too! I goodled how to DIY and it doesn't seem hard!  Last night at the open house they had a long stem rose wrapped in red tule and tied around the aisle chairs...simple but it looked so nice!!
    yeah I am not going with Kara either!  To be honest I think she is way overpriced for what her pics look like.  Thankfully the photographer is not on my budget list...my fiance's aunt is paying for it and she already had the phtographer in line...she does a nice job too...so I am happy!
    Yay! marissa! So happy for you!  Keep us updated!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Marie! How nice for you that you don't have to pay for the photographer!
    Keep me updated with your planning too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards