Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Sweet Treats by Jeff

Jeff has been great to work with and is letting us do our tasting the week before the wedding. I am really excited about this because I didn't think we would be able to do one. My question is if you used Jeff or did a tasting what was your favorite flavor?
image BabyFruit Ticker Created by Wedding Favors

Re: Sweet Treats by Jeff

• hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using him.  We are doing the lemon/rasberry for the wedding party cake. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate more that anyone will ever know, but something about the lemon was just sooooo good.

Then we are having the guest cake be I think chocolate raseberry.  We hasn't fully decided.  I would like to do the oreo.  I never had the oreo but I heard it was amazing.  We did try the PB kind and it was pure heaven, but after having other family members try it, it was a bit rich and they said if we were serving it we would need milk. 

He is going to give you cupcakes of each kind that you pick. I think he lets you choose 3 kinds.  If you don't finish them, he lets you take them home.  This worked out really nice for us because we had other family members try and give us their opinion.

Have an amazing tasteing!  We loved meeting him and super excited for our cake!
  • edited December 2011
    My favorite was the chocolate turtle :)

I just sent in my final payment to him today and we are getting:

Cupcakes:
    Lemon Raspberry Torte
    French Vanilla with Buttercream frosting
    Carrot Cake
    Chocolate Oreo Crunch

Then our round cutting cake is going to be two tierd with one being chocolate peanut butter mousse and the other is the chocoloate turtle.

I have LOVED each of the flavors I've tried!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I've really liked working with Jeff. He's very laid back and is super easy to contact. At our tasting we tried the lemon/raspberry, carrot cake and turtle chocolate. We ended up going with the first two, but FI thought we shouldn't have nuts so we're just doing German chocolate. FI was very skeptical and almost uncaring about the cupcakes, but after our tasting with Jeff, he definately has an opinion and is excited.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's tough b/c we LOVED each flavor, the turtle, oreo, and Bailey's were AHH- Mazing!!   Dang I wanna cupcake.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sweet-treats-jeff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:ffa0bafe-f8cf-4b0c-bc12-983f118c0432Post:37327468-5eea-468a-9c4c-c0f6cc18f137">Re: Sweet Treats by Jeff</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's tough b/c we LOVED each flavor, the turtle, oreo, and Bailey's were AHH- Mazing!!   <strong>Dang I wanna cupcake.
    </strong>Posted by martiac225[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">Well since I wanted to crash you wedding you can come crash mine for some cupcakes :) haha we'll have plenty!!</font></strong>
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sweet-treats-jeff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:ffa0bafe-f8cf-4b0c-bc12-983f118c0432Post:92d8cbe5-44ed-4448-9465-dc9505f91539">Re: Sweet Treats by Jeff</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sweet Treats by Jeff : Well since I wanted to crash you wedding you can come crash mine for some cupcakes :) haha we'll have plenty!!
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

I'm there :)
  • andielizabethandielizabeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! They all sound so yummy, I really want cupcakes now haha
    image BabyFruit Ticker Created by Wedding Favors
  • edited December 2011
    Chocolate covered strawberry!!!!!  I am STILL thinking about how good it was, 3 months after our tasting....

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards