Wedding Etiquette Forum

Etiquette on how to say no politely

Hi, I am getting married in Florida, we decided to have a extremely small wedding, the guest list is bride, mother, father. Groom: mother, father&stepmother. We told them about the arrangements we had made and would love for them to make it. But..... Stepdad assumed all the brothers an sisters were invited too and wants to turn it into a half paid for vacation.. This is getting to big if all the brothers and sisters on both sides come. How do I politely tell them no.

Re: Etiquette on how to say no politely

• Have your FI tell his stepfather, "Stepdad, I'm sorry to have to tell you that unfortunately circumstances don't allow us to invite everyone we'd like, and that includes all the siblings."
  • Tell stepdad that he was wrong and he needs to un-invite his siblings, telling them that he was mistaken about the arrangements. He should have inquired with you before inviting them.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_etiquette-on-how-to-say-no-politely?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d80d8de0-79c7-41a6-be17-35c0dc6f18b3Post:197cee27-a76b-47cf-81d9-a22fe8a3f6e6">Re: Etiquette on how to say no politely</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell stepdad that he was wrong and he needs to un-invite his siblings, telling them that he was mistaken about the arrangements. He should have inquired with you before inviting them.
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]

Thanks this is what I needed to hear. That I am in the right to say no. Sometimes family makes it hard to say no. But this is my day and I want it perfect :)
  • I'm on your side when it comes to yor step-aunts & uncles, however, I would reallllllly suggest not saying "it's my day" to anyone. It sounds so childish and that its all about you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_etiquette-on-how-to-say-no-politely?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d80d8de0-79c7-41a6-be17-35c0dc6f18b3Post:54ee0106-7135-4cc3-9897-3810ada141ea">Re: Etiquette on how to say no politely</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm on your side when it comes to yor step-aunts & uncles, however, I<strong> would reallllllly suggest not saying "it's my day" to anyone.</strong> It sounds so childish and that its all about you.
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

Your wedding is for you and fi - refer to it as "our day." And it may not be perfect, but it has to be what you want.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards