California-Los Angeles

Does anyone know of low cost Florists in the LA/Pasadena area?

Hello fellow brides :) I would like to know if any of you have come across some low cost Florists in your search for the perfect flowers? I would like (maybe dreaming:) to have tall centerpeice with roses, carnations, lillies and green fillers (colors I would like are cream, peach and light pink. For next summer) without the vase I would like to spend about $40. Does anyone know of any where I could get this? All the help ladies is very much appreciated!

Re: Does anyone know of low cost Florists in the LA/Pasadena area?

• I am using Tiana from Exotic Green Garden (http://www.exoticgreengarden.com/ ). She's based in Westlake Village (I'm in the Valley). I'm not sure if her prices go as low as $40 but she has REALLY low prices compared to most other florists in the area and she reuses her flowers from the ceremony to the reception which is nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check out commerce flowers www.commerceflowers.com. they are budget friendly and their work is amazing for their prices.
  • I highly recommend Pixie's Petals - she's based out of Long Beach. Her work is beautiful, she is organized, and the quote she gave me was even cheaper than the one I received from Commerce Flowers.

Commerce Flowers took a month to get a proposal back to me and it came in the form of hand written notes (almost illegible) that they scanned into the computer. Also, I didn't feel like they really listened to what I was asking for. That was just my experience, I know a lot of people have been satisfied with their services.

Hope that helps!
  • Thanks ladies! :) I got in contact with the commerce flower people and spoke with a really nice guy named Duke, i am thinking I am going to meet with him and see how much it would be for my vesion but I am really hoping I can get the flowers that  want for uner $40 a centerpiece. I was also considering making my own because I am so close to te down town flower market, anyone else consider it?
  • Oh Duke - yes, the one who will provide you with such lovely hand written notes... maybe you will have better luck. :)

After meeting with so many florists, my fiance and I have actually decided we're going to arrange our own floral centerpieces. I've been down the the flower market several times now to scope out the vendors, gather pricing info, and talk to them about ordering flowers for my August wedding. They have all been extremely helpful. Also, if you pay with cash, they won't charge you tax, which is basically the same pricing you would get as if you had a wholesale license. I have been down there every few weeks to purchase flowers from them in order to practice making arrangements and decide what I like. Each time, the flowers have lasted at least a week (and I only spend about $20 on average each time for a lot of flowers!). The vendor told me to come in about a month prior to my wedding to place an order, that way they know what will be available.

Also, all of the floral supply stores on that same street have a ton of different vase options. Be sure to ask them what the cost will be if you purchase a large quantity, and even then, see if you can get them lower.

To learn about floral arranging, I watched a couple of videos online (here's one): http://www.elegantweddingcenterpieces.com/2011/05/wedding-flower-centerpieces-using-white-wedding-flowers/

We're planning to spend about $1500 on flowers for a wedding of 150-175 people.

Good luck!
  • Bingo! This is a great respose :) I am pIanning to go down town do some price checking and stuff when my fiance has some time off from work. They also offer some floristry classes that are cheap like $75 for a 12 week course. I also found  a florist that would show me and my bridesmaids how to make the centerpieces I wanted so we could do them ourselves. I am just alil concerned about transporting these big centerpieces the day of the wedding lol! But I am def thinking it is a better option for us to make them. Do you know of some of the prices of the prices for the flowers and the fillers as a base I can go by?
    n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_does-anyone-know-of-low-cost-florists-in-the-lapasadena-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:0364166f-fb18-40a7-bc40-ec8ef1c996d2Post:65b9a505-31b6-4917-8533-f397e144af0d">Re: Does anyone know of low cost Florists in the LA/Pasadena area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh Duke - yes, the one who will provide you with such lovely hand written notes... maybe you will have better luck. :) After meeting with so many florists, my fiance and I have actually decided we're going to arrange our own floral centerpieces. I've been down the the flower market several times now to scope out the vendors, gather pricing info, and talk to them about ordering flowers for my August wedding. They have all been extremely helpful. Also, if you pay with cash, they won't charge you tax, which is basically the same pricing you would get as if you had a wholesale license. I have been down there every few weeks to purchase flowers from them in order to practice making arrangements and decide what I like. Each time, the flowers have lasted at least a week (and I only spend about $20 on average each time for a lot of flowers!). The vendor told me to come in about a month prior to my wedding to place an order, that way they know what will be available. Also, all of the floral supply stores on that same street have a ton of different vase options. Be sure to ask them what the cost will be if you purchase a large quantity, and even then, see if you can get them lower. To learn about floral arranging, I watched a couple of videos online (here's one): <a href="http://www.elegantweddingcenterpieces.com/2011/05/wedding-flower-centerpieces-using-white-wedding-flowers/" rel="nofollow">http://www.elegantweddingcenterpieces.com/2011/05/wedding-flower-centerpieces-using-white-wedding-flowers/</a> We're planning to spend about $1500 on flowers for a wedding of 150-175 people. Good luck!
    Posted by delila3451[/QUOTE]
  • Here's a few examples of pricing I got from them:

-Regular Tulips: $6.50-7.50 per bunch (10 stems per bunch)

- French Tulips: $12-18 per bunch (10 stems)

- Garden Roses: $2.50-4.50 per stem

- Hydrangeas: $6-7.50 for 5 stems

Containers: I purchases a 7x7x7 square glass vase for $10...it really depends on what you're looking for.

Regaring assembly of centerpieces and transporting them...Here's what our schedule looks like: (my wedding is in August)

Thursday: Rehearsal Dinner (this is so we can have all of Friday to spend on the flowers)

Friday: pick up flowers in the morning, bring them to hotel to assemble. Since it will be hot, I thought renting a hotel room down the street from our venue will make this whole process much easier. This allows us to blast their air conditioning to keep the flowers cool. Also, once the centerpieces are complete, they are already less than a mile from the venue so we don't have to transport them across the city. (Vases will already be pre-prepped). I'm making this into a "flower arranging party" - my family members are actually very excited to be helping out with this. Of course, I plan to have pictures for everyone to copy in order to make it as simple as possible.

Saturday: the wedding!

**I'm having my bouquet as well as all of the boutineers/corsages done professionally by a florist.**
  • Just throwing it out there that are are many vendor in the flower mart and around that do the same thing many florist can do at cheaper rates.

My sister had 33 tables at her wedding. 7 bouquets and 10 bouts and she paid roughly 1,000.

These were the centerpieces

Bouts and bouquets were purple and white roses.

• I think doing them on your own is a good option if you are good at it and don't mind spending some time doing that a few days before your wedding or asking family and friends to help. You have to be very savvy about it though because you might end up spending the same amount of money or more and wasting alot of valuable time that you need on the days leading up to your wedding day.
  • By the way, I wouldn't mind a handwritten note from a florist if the price is right. 
  • I'm also going to buy my flowers downtown. My wedding is in July and I've also been told the same thing about coming in about 1 month to 15 days prior to the wedding. I'm going to use a vendor that will also assemble my  bouquets, bridesmaid flowers and bouts. I've been quoted about $40 for a bouquet. I plan on spending about $100-$150 for 13 centerpieces and will buy the vases at ikea for $2 each.

• Ischmiedge, which vendor will be arranging your flowers? Are they located in the flower market?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_does-anyone-know-of-low-cost-florists-in-the-lapasadena-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:0364166f-fb18-40a7-bc40-ec8ef1c996d2Post:da5a2e30-c0da-46a0-a65b-98923973f1cb">Re: Does anyone know of low cost Florists in the LA/Pasadena area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also going to buy my flowers downtown. My wedding is in July and I've also been told the same thing about coming in about 1 month to 15 days prior to the wedding. I'm going to use a vendor that will also assemble my  bouquets, bridesmaid flowers and bouts. I've been quoted about $40 for a bouquet. I plan on spending about $100-$150 for 13 centerpieces and will buy the vases at ikea for $2 each.
    Posted by lschmiedge[/QUOTE]
  • Wow I know I posted this a while back but I still haven't found a florist yet :/ I didn't think it would be this hard!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards