Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Honeymoon booked!

We are going to Hawaii!!! I'm over the moon and can't believe we will actually be going to Hawaii! 3 nights in Honolulu and 7 nights in Maui.  Anyone ever been?  If so, what are must sees or must dos?

Lauren

Re: Honeymoon booked!

• Options
    I'm so jealous that sounds so nice, my cousin went there for her hooneymoon, I'll ask her for deets :)!
  • Options
    That sounds awesome!  FI and I want to honeymoon in Hawaii.  How did you book your stay via internets or travel agent?  I'd appreciate any tips you have to share.

ils2004
    *** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We went to Hawaii for our HM, including Maui. Our favorite things in Maui were Haleakala (we went around 2pm for sunset, not sunrise. I wasn't up for getting up at 3am to sit in 34 degree temperatures for a sunrise.) At Haleakala we hiked the Sliding Sands trail for about 90 minutes and it was amazing. At 4pm we were all alone down there-nothing like it! 

We also enjoyed the Road to Hana-we left Kaanapali at about 6am and had the road to ourselves, which I think is the only way to do it. In traffic my nerves would have been shot. BTW if you decide to drive the Road to Hana, we went around the southern tip of the island on the dirt road, versus turning around and going back the way we came. It was much easier than driving the twists & turns again. And our sedan car rental handled it just fine. 

If you are staying in Kaanapali-the snorkeling at the Black Rock is really good-we rented snorkel equipment for the week and went most mornings. We also stopped at a few beaches in South Maui for snorkeling, but they weren't as good as the Black Rock. 

We took surf lesson with Goody foot-H loved it, I was one of their 5% of students that fail so I was pretty miserable. I would spring for private lessons if you want to do it. 

Get (or borrow) the Hawaii Revealed books for Maui & Oahu-lots of great maps & tips. 
  • Options
    We just came back from our honeymoon in Maui and it was AMAZING! Like daria said, definitely rent a car and drive the Road to Hana. It's a LONG drive through slow twists and turns but it was really cool. You can stop off at various spots for some amazing photo ops and just past Hana are the most photographed waterfalls known as the "seven sacred pools" (though there are actually more like 25.) If you are brave, you can hike in and get into one of the pools or even climb up and get into a waterfall. We went into one of the pools and it was awesome. However, I suggest wearing shoes that can get wet but have a good grip on the bottom. It is super slippery on the rocks and they are quite sharp.

In Maui, make sure to eat at Mamma's Fish House. It's a little pricey but the food is amazing and the views are outstanding. Make a reservation or you will get turned away, especially on a weekend.

I also highly recommend  checking out a Luau. We went to the one at the Wailea Marriott and it was really nice.

Enjoy the trip!

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards