On Christmas Day I was driving my FI back from visiting my parents. It's roughly about a 12 hour drive, and about 3 hours into the drive FI started having seizures- something he has never had before. It made for a very scary scene on the side of the highway.. but he has been in the hospital since and is doing well. That said, still no clue when we will get out- and he cannot work for quite a while. This entire episode has made me realize what is important in life, it was so scary!
Now that I've been sitting here in the hospital with him for 4 days I can't help but worry about the future, including our wedding. We are so close, and I am wondering if he will be well enough come March. Not only that, but with him not working, money is going to be extremely tight. We were already on a budget and now I keep thinking I should be saving what little money we do have to live- not party in Vegas. I just don't know what to do..
I have our invites sitting at home ready to send out, and I am hesitating now. That said, most of the wedding has already been paid for. I've paid all but one final payment (which I have in savings) to the Platinum, HMUA has been paid in full, I owe Todd a couple hundred, and that is about it. I don't think I'd get deposits back if we were to cancel now..
I realize this post may seem extremely selfish, but I needed to vent and get feedback from some other brides. I think sitting in the hospital room for days having very little to do but think has made me a little crazy. Please know, I don't mean this to come accross like I don't care about my FI health- that is my number one priority, but this is something I have to decided on pronto. Save the dates are out and people are making reservations and invites need to go out soon.