Arizona-Phoenix

Tacky Save the Date?

We have a lot of out of town guests. Is it tacky to send postcards for save the date? We thought it would be a good way to show people the sights. What do you think?

Re: Tacky Save the Date?

• NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent postcards , and so do lots of other couples.  (You can see a picture in our bio)  They were really inexpensive to send, b/c they have postcard postage (28 cents).  I think your idea of the AZ postcards is pretty unique, and will probably get your guests excited about the pretty sunsets and desert flora.
    Photobucket
  • GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's a cute idea! The point of the STD is to give guests (usually out of towners) a heads up of your wedding date. Anything beyond that shows the couple's creative side. Have fun with it!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it sounds great!  Any thing goes with STDs.  Like PP said, the whole point of them is to get info to your guests, and any way you want to do that works!  I love getting postcards, so as a guest I would really like this idea!
  • edited December 2011
    Not tacky at all...STD(s) are your first chance to show your flair and set the tone for your wedding.  go for it!
  • edited December 2011
    I did Az post cards for save the dates and they came out great.  I have quite a few left over if you would want them.
  • alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mgrdaz11 - if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the postcards from?  I was just wondering how much postcards were, if you found a good deal somewhere

jhricovec - I think its a good idea - I was considering doing this as well.
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jhricovecjhricovec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many do you have left?
  • edited December 2011
    think i have 20 or so left...I have not counted them.  I got the postcards at Walmart (at the front of the store by the registers (by their  main magazine and book section)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'll have to go check. I need to buy about 60 or so....

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! You are AWESOME!!!! I'm giving my future mother-in-law the project and she loved them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards