Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Introduction

Hi there everyone, I got engaged a while ago and recently graduated from nursing school so now I actually have time to plan a wedding so I joined the knot boards. From what I have seen over the past few days of "creeping" on the page everyone looks so helpful and insightful, this will definitely be an asset to helping me plan. My wedding is scheduled May 26, 2012. No reception location picked out yet, but I am having my ceremony at ST. Valentine Church in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, Bethel Park to be exact. If anyone has any suggestion on any good reception venues, preferably with windows cause I don't want to feel inclosed that would be great. We are planning for about 175+.
ThanksSmile

Re: Introduction

• anne513anne513 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi welcome and Congrats! I totally understand the nursing school thing.
    So far everyone here has been so helpful! GL planning!

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome :) I went to St. Val's School as a kid! Are you looking to stay in the South Hills for your reception? My reception will 99% be at Holy Cross Banquet Hall, which is across the street from the Galleria. It definitely has windows! The website is www.holycrossbanquethall.com. There are a lot of pictures on the site. 

Also, there is another Knottie on here, .KRM., who got married at St. Val's. Her reception was at the Circuit Center in the South Side, I believe. Hopefully she'll chime in!

If you haven't checked it yet, the "Welcome to the Pittsburgh Board" sticky at the top has the website for recommended vendors.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! I don't have any recs for the South Hills, but good luck!  Can't wait to here where you'll pick!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on the engagement and welcome to the board! Everyone here is super helpful and this board has helped me tremendously in planning! No suggestions in S Hills area but just wanted to say hi and welcome! Looking forward to hearing more about your wedding as you start to firm up the details!
  • CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a member of St. Vals and Father O'Shea was the priest at our wedding at Heinz Chapel!! The Circuit Center is a great location and their catering is done by the Fluted Mushroom who also did our catering at Soliders & Sailors....SOOOO GOOD.  Their catering manager Suzy was so helpful throughout the planning process too.  The LeMont is a great venue for a wedding with tons of windows over looking the city.  Sheraton Station Square is another good option with tons of windows!!  Some ballrooms in the renaissance hotel have views of the northshore, Heinz Field and PNC Park may be good locations as well. 

Good luck and welcome to the boards!!
    image Ivory
  • edited December 2011
    GL and welcome!!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome! Lots of nurses around here lately! :-) I don't have any recs, but like Barbie said, .KRM. had her reception at the Circuit Center and really loved the space. Try posting to her separately if she doesn't chime in here. Enjoy the beginning stages of planning!
  • edited December 2011
    COngratulations and welcome to the boards!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  Welcome!

Look at all of these St. Valentine brides!  Exciting!  The girls are right - my ceremony was at St. Val's...it was lovely.  Fr. Alan married us though, and sadly, he is isn't there anymore.  :(

We loved our reception at the Circuit Center on the South Side...they were really great to work with (but no windows in the ballroom...it is really open though still!)  Holy Cross is really nice as well.  If you are looking for other South Hills locations, try St. Thomas Moore's new facility - the Family Life Center, The Crowne Plaza by SHV or The Ballroom at St. Pamphilus (knottie JennyBee had her reception there.)  

I'm going to PM both of you to see if I know you IRL!  :)

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • edited December 2011
    Um, OP - I can't PM you and your knot page takes me to a wedding page of Kamini and Kumar?  LOL!  Mod?

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • LilDanie26LilDanie26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_introduction-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:4118278d-dac7-464d-9037-291171a57fe4Post:baaebabf-024b-4819-8264-694186cb7f28">Re: Introduction</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, OP - I can't PM you and your knot page takes me to a wedding page of Kamini and Kumar?  LOL!  Mod?
    Posted by .KRM.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why that happened. I tried to PM you, but it took me to my page instead. Not sure what to do. I don't even know a Kamini and Kumar. Sounds like there might be some sort of problem.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! You'll find more info out from these ladies than you ever imagined! :-)
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!!  I'm a 2012 bride as well, and everyone here has been so helpful!  Can't wait to hear more details!
  • edited December 2011
    congrats and welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards