Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How do you find your photographer

Hi Brides!

Question for you all - Where do you go to find your photographer?  Do you go by word of mouth?  Do you find them at Bridal fairs?  What makes you pick them!??!

Nicole
Photographer@
Snap of a Lifetime

Re: How do you find your photographer

• We can't even ask questions?

• I found my photographer off my local board here on TK.  I ignored most vendors at the Bridal Show I went to.

• You've been reported. No vendors allowed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • we found our photographer at friends weddings.  The same company did wedding photography for two of our friends.  The first time we saw their work was nearly a year ago and then other friends of ours got married about 6 months ago.  Both times the photos were gorgeous so we decided to use them as well.  Now we keep telling everyone to at least talk to dreamlife photos.  Definitely always look at who your friends or family use as they will always give you an honest opinion of quality of cost compared to the quality of work plus how professional AND friendly the photographer and all the staff are Wink
  • good info, thanks. 
  • One of mine and FI's favorite restaurants were hosting a wedding faire with their favorite vendors. They had an open bar so FI was game! The restaurant only allowed one type of vendor (i.e. one bakery, one linens lady, etc.) There we met our first and only photographer! His work was on display and he was deep in conversation with another person, but we were glued to his pictures. They were just so stunning! We struck up a conversation with him and agreed meet in the future.

Any other time we tried to look at another photographer their work just didn't have the same magic that he did. Soon after we put down our deposit. Eventually my sister was planning her wedding, saw his work, and hired him as well! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards