Maryland

Inexpensive Dresses?? Where are they?

We are planning a wedding on a small budget. where can I get a nice dress for under $400 that is NOT davids bridal?!

Re: Inexpensive Dresses?? Where are they?

• edited December 2011
    i got my dress at alfred angelo....loved it.
  • edited December 2011
    You have the option of going to any bridal boutique and looking at the clearance dresses. Some brides don't like this because several other people have tried it on, and its not in 100% condition. This is how I got my dress - originally 1400 down to $400. It was from Columbia Bridal Boutique
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your suggestions. 

Laurmd- Did you have an appointment to view just the clearance section? or could you just walk in, browse the clearance section and try I what you wanted with out the pressures of a consultant?
  • edited December 2011
    I actually went there with an appointment. I heard they had a few dresses under $1000 (my budget was about 800) so I scheduled one. They didn't have anything I loved so the consultant brought up a few dresses from clearance. I know you've probably heard this before, but try everyhting on! I actually didn't like this dress on the rack but LOVED it once i had it on.

You might want to check with the individual store what their policy is regarding walk ins. Some don't allow it for whatever reason. You could probably tell them you wanted to just see clearance dresses and they might be okay with it.

One more thing - and I'm sure you have also heard this - make sure you have room in your budget for alterations! Depending on the dress, they can add up fast!

Good luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at Alfred Angelo as well. It was a little over the price you're looking for but I know they have dresses that would fit the price range you're after. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards