Wedding Etiquette Forum

Anyone here have a really cool

Look Book? Just post if you do.

Re: Anyone here have a really cool

• I don't know what a look book it? Isn't that what designers use?
  • If you go to your profile and scroll down, there is something on it called a lookbook.  It is made by saving your favorite pictures of the things you see on the knot.  But you are keeping yours confidential, so you don't have a public lookbook.
  • I don't know what this means? Should I?? ::embarrassed?::
  • That's a new feature and I don't think many of the regs are going to have that. Check out our bios instead.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Meg, when you click on someone's avatar, it will take you to their knot bio (not the one you created through weebly or something) and it's there.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-really-cool?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:381c32eb-7a8d-4dbf-9f13-49cd740cc14bPost:871d6975-ce67-447f-adf9-67b8973b34e5">Re: Anyone here have a really cool</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you go to your profile and scroll down, there is something on it called a lookbook.  It is made by saving your favorite pictures of the things you see on the knot.  But you are keeping yours confidential, so you don't have a public lookbook.
    Posted by SimplyIndulgent[/QUOTE]
    Ohh. Hmm, well, mine is "confidential" because I have nothing there haha.
  • What LVB said.
  • oh I totally put a ticker in mine and everything ::preens::
  • I have a few things in mine, but only because it was a mod contest. It doesn't work very well, I had a really hard time getting the pictures to save. And I don't like that you have to use knot images, you can't upload your own. Ditto LVB, check out the bios linked in our siggy.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-really-cool?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:381c32eb-7a8d-4dbf-9f13-49cd740cc14bPost:3531bec1-f362-4a9f-a753-d4576c210047">Re: Anyone here have a really cool</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh I totally put a ticker in mine and everything ::preens::
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    SO jealous!
  • Look book made me think of the website I stumbled on the other day, where very thin girls post their outfit pictures...
  • Most people have bios, the lookbook is newer and not many people are using it yet.  Look in people's signatures for links to their bios, which are usually full of great pictures and ideas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, when did those roll out? I liked clicking to bios...
  • I finally got around to creating a bio, and something new has to appear.  I'm always a minute late and a dollar short.

• I put a few things in mine because I got bored. But it was a pain. So I made a real one. I like looking at everyones REAL bios, they are entertaining. And have a lot of good pictures and ideas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You can't load up your own pics into it, or am I missing something?  That sucks, I much prefer the old school bios.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-really-cool?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:381c32eb-7a8d-4dbf-9f13-49cd740cc14bPost:69033d52-421b-4920-bdcc-238618f2aff6">Re: Anyone here have a really cool</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can't load up your own pics into it, or am I missing something?  That sucks, I much prefer the old school bios.
    Posted by mocha beans[/QUOTE]

That's what I HATE about it. I wish we could load actual pics of our bouquet, dress, whatever, instead of finding the stock pic of a dress somewhere on the knot.
  • mocha beansmocha beans member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Psh, my dress isn't even on it I think, they must not like Sottero.

Edit:  Oh wait, I found it afterall.
  • My dress is too old :( They don't carry the 2008 Jim Hjelm's on here anymore... boo!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-really-cool?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:381c32eb-7a8d-4dbf-9f13-49cd740cc14bPost:3b34093d-2c0a-45a8-91ab-ac51bf5927ef">Re: Anyone here have a really cool</a>:
    [QUOTE]Psh, my dress isn't even on it I think, they must not like Sottero. Edit:  Oh wait, I found it afterall.
    Posted by mocha beans[/QUOTE]

I never did find mine either.  They only have about 20% of her collection, it seems.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Squirrly - would you mind perhaps mentioning to knot Annie our feedback about being able to add our own pics to our look books?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards