Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Vegetarian Options

I'm having just very basic finger foods/appetizers for my reception. My wedding will be outdoors in June, in the evening past a traditional sit down dinner time. I'm a vegetarian, but I'm well aware that my meat-loving friends and family will far out-weigh myself and my veggie friends.

With that being said, I was just wondering if any of you had ideas for tasty finger foods that could be included on the menu. I know I want some mini-hummus and cucumber sandwiches, they were a hit at my last party with veggie and non-veggie loving people. I know I will have fruit and veggie trays. But I want a couple more items with a little more substance.

Any suggestions?!

Re: Vegetarian Options

• edited December 2011
    In Martha Stewart's book Menus for Entertaining, there's a fantastic garden party menu that I'd really recommend. There are also some really good ideas in her Great Parties book.

Grape leaves stuffed with goat cheese & couscous
    Peperonata
    Chickpea Salsa
    Wild Mushroom Crostini
    Chilled Minestrone (you could serve it in vintage tea cups)
    Mini Caesar Salad Sandwiches
    Spanikopita (filo with spinach & feta)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I will certainly check that out, those all sound wonderful!
  • edited December 2011

We are having gazpacho shooters, mini tomato soup with mini grilled cheese shooters, mashed potato bar, large purple grapes rolled in gorgonzola, all easy to eat veg choices.  Good luck!!!  Let us know what you decide!
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • edited December 2011
    Mini pizza or mini quesadillas. Maybe with a nice cheese, like brie or maytag bleu.

Tortilla chips with fancy guacamole or fancy salsa - like a fruit salsa.

Spring rolls with plum sauce.

Toasted crispy ravioli bites with marinara.

Figs stuffed with bleu cheese on crostini.

Can't go wrong with a nice cheese display, either.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards