February 2013 Weddings

Just need a second opinon from future brides!!!

I currently wear glasses and I really want to wear contacts for the wedding but I hate touching my eye. Should I wear contacts because the last time I was without glasses was my Junior prom 4 years ago!! Ladies give it to me straight!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just need a second opinon from future brides!!!

• Well, in my humble opinion, I think you really go for confort whatever the choice is. I mean, of course there will be pictures of your special day that will last forever, but you don't want to be miserable all day long if you're not confortable with either glasses or contact lenses on your special day!

If you want to wear contact lenses though and you say that you're not used to it because you don't like to touch your eyes, I would simply recommand you to start putting them on from time to time starting now. I know that when I don't wear my contact lenses for a long while, it's always trickier and less confortable when I wear them again, so I would definitively suggest you to start wearing them before the wedding if you want to confortable.

And if you choose to wear your glasses, don't worry : all your future husband and your guests will see is how your eyes are sparkling anyway! :)
  • Honestly, anytime I see a pic of a bride wearing glasses I always think it looks horrible. Just my opinion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Be yourself. Everyone in you family has only seen you in glasses for years so to see you in glasses on your wedding day shouldn't be a  big deal. However if you want to wear contacts I agree with the above poster start wearing them now. Maybe try wearing them once a week, then twice a week , then every other day, and so on. By time your wedding day is here you will be really comfortable wearing them.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    Nothing wrong with a four-eyed bride!

I've worn glasses everyday of my life since I was 7.  I don't see why my wedding day should be any different :D

But yeah, if you would really prefer contacts, start wearing them ASAP to get used to them.  Those first few weeks are going to be rough (I never made it past them), you don't want your wedding day to be one of them!

ETA: If you're self-consious of your current glasses, you could shop around for some awesome fancy-specs!  I picked out my newest pair with wedding pics in mind!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PP. I used to wear glasses all the time, but I ended up switching to contacts for work and it was rough just jumping back into them. Amo has a good idea about getting a different pair of glasses (I will be in case my contacts are not working that day)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I agree with PP that you should wear what makes you comfortable. However, if you do want to wear contacts, you should start wearing them a little while before the wedding so you get used to having them in. You can just start by wearing them for a short amount of time each day and then try to extend the time. For me, the more active I am, the less I think about them and the longer I can keep them in. I am planning on starting out in my contacts, but having my glasses on stand by in case I need to take out my contacts. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    i say contacts!  i have also needed glasses for years, but i alternate between contacts and glasses now.  you should try them out (not the color ones as they are much bigger than the regular clear ones) and see if you can get used to putting them in and taking them out.  then see how they feel if you leave them in for a couple of hours.  you can always change out of them and into your glasses right before your reception and after you take your photos!

when i first got contacts i was 13 years old...it took me a half hour every day just to put them in my eye! lol!  but if you practice you'll find a way that works best for you...the eye doctor should show you how.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ditto Julyet on the half hour thing. Now it takes me ten minutes only because I'm slow in the morning. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • lol! it was crazy I was late to school and everything!  don't get me stared on the hell i had when one contact was flipped the opposite way and i found out the hard way lol!!

now i don't even need a mirror!  i can change out of them in a car on the road if i want to take a long nap! lol!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wow, KB. This is exactly my issue right now.  I'm leaning towards getting contacts. I will probably go see the optometrist within the next 2-3 weeks and begin practicing wearing them.  If I really detest it, I will just suck it up, wear my glasses (that happen to be one of my colors) and do the old, "let's pull these off and pose" move that my friends and I do all the time anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards