Washington-Seattle

Wedding Help Thursday

Only 10 days 'til Christmas!

Need any Christmas OR Wedding ideas/help/inspiration?
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Wedding Help Thursday

• Guess I need a little Knot help.  Looks like I broke an unspoken rule and went into another forum to post and, whoops, I guess you're not supposed to do that without first tiptoeing around first.  Oopsies.  Any TK rules that a (somewhat) knew girl should know about? ;)
  • LGM:  It's best to lurk awhile before posting on a board, and when you post for the first time you need to remember that those posters don't know you as well as you know them (or at least their posting styles).  So it's usually best to stick with safe/happy/neutral topics, until they can see you aren't a troll or something.   Sorry you didn't have a good experience on another board :(
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • eh - it was a 50/50 split on responses and I'm not really upset about it.  Basically I admitted that I don't get all excited or YAY! over "I found my dress" or other attire related posts - honestly, I don't care.  Apparently not caring equated to annoyance to some girls (weird, but ok.)  I'm smart enough to not click on the posts (because why would I if I I'm not going to respond, and if I'm going to respond with fake excitement that's just rude to the posting girl*)  So I posted asking if it was wrong that I don't care about such attire related posts.  I found it utterly interesting that for some reason my lack of excitement over other people's attire/attire in general meant I should not be on wedding boards.  Because all weddings boil down to are wedding attire?  Bwa?  I really hope for those girls that's not all that their wedding does or did come down to.  I know that's not all my wedding comes down to and I certainly know I get way more out of TK than wedding attire.

*If someone I had met or communicated with heavily on the boards posted about their dress, I'd read the post and would give a genuine reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards