Iowa-Des Moines

Re: Cheap venues?

• McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Granger Community Center is like $400 I believe.  I haven't seen it but I heard it's pretty nice and not many restrictions.

http://www.grangeriowa.gov/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC=%7B99FB9792-B190-49BE-8452-EB477E11F167%7D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Chelle1015Chelle1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Raccoon River Lodge is very inexpensive. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_anybody-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:652cc574-173a-4b1d-8689-1b73aaa12418Post:1752700b-ab06-48a6-8bd0-fc39c2052980">Re: Cheap venues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raccoon River Lodge is very inexpensive. 
    Posted by Chelle1015[/QUOTE]

<div>And it's pretty nice!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Raccoon River isn't under $500 though its $900 ... but yes it's gorgeous
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    The lodge would be great, there is an outdoor area if you want to have your ceremony out there then you can move inside for the reception. Also a great place for pictures!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had everyone at their dinner tables during her ceremony and it worked out great as well.  She just left an "aisle" for her and everyone to walk down.

I know that Raccoon River has a big fireplace and that would look really pretty as a backdrop.  (just in case the weather doesn't turn out).
  • edited December 2011
    a friend of mine had her ceremony and reception there. It was gorgeous! She was married on the deck outside and the ceremony was inside. It's definitely worth looking into. I am having my reception at Seven Oaks in Boone, since it's on a friday it's only $500 dollars for a the venue that includes chairs and tables. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are using the iowa 4-h center and it was exactly $500. We are doing an outdoor ceremony and then using the large lodge for our reception, however, should it rain we are just going to rearrange the lodge for the ceremony.
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Iowa state capitol grounds on the west terrace is free! just book your date :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards